Hello! My sister has swollen lymph nodes in her throat. She had a virus infection three weeks ago but her lymph nodes didn't swell then. My mother noticed her throat was inflamed few days ago and soon after that her lymph nodes swelled. Her temperature was higher then normal. Her doctor says it is some kind of infection caused by bacteria. What is actually the cause of swollen lymph nodes in the throat?

Hello! Lymph nodes are small glands in our body. As the part of lymphatic system, which carries nutrients and waste material through our body, they are very important in the body's defense system. The nodes filter the fluid which flows throw them and trap bacteria and viruses. Strep throat, a bacterial illness caused by the streptococcus, can be the cause of the swollen lymph nodes in the throat. I think you sister takes some antibiotic which will help her in fighting against the bacteria. Sometimes lymph nodes remain swollen long after an initial infection is gone, especially in children, so there is no need to worry about it.

Lymph nodes swell when you have e.g. a viral,bacterial or respiratory infection.Lymph nodes are glands and act as the protection filters of the body.They try to stop the infection from spreading.You can also find them near an injury or wound to fight infection [where there's broken skin bacteria could enter].The glands closest to the infection would normally be up [e.g. -If you have an head injury your glands will be up in yor neck]If you have a flue or respiratory infection the glands would most likely be in the neck,and a chance for under arms.Glands can stay up for a long time.Especially if the flue that your sister had was a Viral. infection.Viral infections take longer to heal and Anti-biotics are not that effective in treating them.The body is normaly weaker after ones been sick. Boost the immune system as well.

i have a very bad soar throat my right glad is swelling i also have a hard time breathing i
had a ct scan i have spots on my lungs can anyone help me please