I CONTINUE TO HAVE BACK PAIN. IT ORIGINALLY STARTED ON MY LEFT FLANK AREA IN 2007 NOW IT IS ON BOTH SIDES. I FEEL SWOLLEN ALL THE TIME AND WHEN I EAT I GET FULL REAL QUICK. ALL MY LABS ALWAYS LOOK NORMAL EXCEPT MY URINE ALWAYS HAS WHITE BLOOD CELLS. MY UROLOGIST SENDS THE URINE TO GET CULTURES BUT THERE HAS BEEN NO BACTERIA CONFIRMED IN MY URINE. I HAVE HAD ULTRASOUNDS AND A COUPLE CT SCANS AND HAVE COME BACK NORMAL. I ALWAYS NOTICE LITTLE STUFF FLOATING IN MY URINE SO I KNOW THAT IS NOT NORMAL. I AM TIRED OF GOING TO THE DOCTOR AND GETTING NO ANSWERS. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD IBS BUT WOULD THAT AFFECT MY URINE THIS WAY?

Hi J: The stuff floating in your urine is protein or infection!!! With the pain you are describing, I would DEFINITELY say you ahve a kidney infection, not a UTI or bladder infection. White blood cells ARE infection. IBS is just that Bowels and intestines, it feels like somebody is screwing in their fist into your stomach. I used to suffer TERRIBLY from Kidney infections when I was young, they did everytest known to man kind. the final test showed it. It is a special XRay that you need to swallow a chalky drink (I think it migt be barium) and then they Xray you while the liquid is going through your system. I bet my last dollar it's a kidney infection, and ESPECIALLY since you ahve suffered so long with it. Tell you doctor you want your kidney's checked out JUST thought of something else - KIDNEY STONESS!!!!!! That too can be checked by this test. Good luck and please keep me updated. Hope I helped you a little, or at least let you know you are not the only one going through this.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through such a tough time with this but I do think that you need to persist with your doctors. I know that you're probably fed up but they're not able to help you with what is a clear problem. The best thing to do in a situation like this is to try to get a second opinion and see someone who is not quite as familiar with your case. Please keep us posted!