Hi, I am 32 years old female and I had c-section few months ago. Soon after that I started to experience problems while I urinate. Very soon I also felt pain in my lower back so I decided to contact my gynecologist earlier that I had appointed. He took my urine samples and he told me that I have kidney infection. I would like to know something more about this and is it caused by c-section.

Hi, kidney infection is common complication which may appear after c-section. Sometimes it affects bowel, sometimes urethra and sometimes kidneys. However I suppose that your doctor already prescribed antibiotics you would drink so everything will be fine very soon. Also you would repeat urine analysis from time to time because such infection may be pretty stubborn and recurrent.

Hello there,

My sister had the same situation after her C-section and I want to tell you at the beginning to finish all the antibiotics your doctor has prescribe you even if you don’t feel the symptoms of the infection anymore. In case you stop taking antibiotics before you could cause yourself some serious complications and there is no need for that. You can add to this increased intake of water and lemonade. Also you can try some herbal teas because they are very good for treating any urinary and kidney issues.

After few months do the urine analysis to check if you are fine. If you feel some severe pain during the treatment therapy, contact your doctor immediately.