Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I have developed some serious and very unpleasant health problem since my C-section a year ago.
I was been told that this operation has almost no side effects but this isn’t truth- believe me. Almost immediately after operation I started to suffer from bowel incontinence- a terrible condition where gas or feces are leaking out of my bowel unwillingly. You can't even imagine how unpleasant this could be and how much it can interfere with some normal life activities.
I don’t know what to do about all this. I'm taking some medications for my bowel but it doesn’t help at all. What should I do? IS this some normal thing after cesarean section procedure?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your present health state. I had a c-section about four years ago and everything went well- my baby and my self didn’t feel any unwanted side effects. But, before my delivery, doctor told me some things I should new before I agree to it. There are several possible side effects of this type of delivery such as urinary stress incontinence, bowel incontinence, sexual dissatisfaction, and uterine prolapse (sagging of the uterus). I have also read that many women who have cesarean sections reported urinary and bowel problems in the days and weeks after delivery, so you are not alone with this problem. The most important thing you should know is that this condition can be treated, with medicaments of operatively. Contact your GP for further evaluation.

I just learned about adhesions. The more surgery you have for whatever the problem, the more likely you are to get painful adhesions which then causes you to have more surgery.

Think twice before having surgery and ask the doctor about adhesions.

Cheers, Kelly

Hi There,

I'm 26 years old and had a c-section 2 years ago. within weeks of having my son, I started with stomach and bladder problems. I was constantly diagnosed with UTI's and IBS. this went on for about 1 1/2 years until finally they did a Laparascopy, and found all kinds of scar tissue surrounding my bladder and bowel. it has been 8 months since my laparascopy and I thought I was doing great until this week. My stomach is starting to act up again, so here I am all over again. I feel your pain, all these symptoms bother your everyday activities. I keep thinking maybe it'll go away, but like before it didn't and all it did was get worse. Thanks for writing about yourself, it kind of helps to know I'm not alone, although I wish you didn't have the problems you are having.

So, I had a c-section and tubal litigation about 2 yrs ago. 2 weeks after surgery, I got bowel problems. I have a bowel movement about 6 - 12 times a day. Horrible. Once I feel I have to go... I better run or I won't make it. I have went to a few different doctors, 6 to be exact, and no one knows what is wrong with me. I have had a colonoscopy done, and they found nothing to be wrong with my colon. Also, like 2 weeks before I get my monthly cycle, I can feel something inside of me vibrating in my pelvic area. Kinda as if liquid is squeezing through a pump or something. If anyone has any clue, please help me.

I understand what you're going through. I am having the same kinds of problems. I had a c-section 6.5 months ago & have been having all kinds of stomach/bowel issues. I am always gassy and have to poo two or three times per day. And once I realize that I have to go, I need to find a bathroom ASAP. Plus, the flow of my periods are all screwed up. I have had enough of dealing with this, so I am making an appointment to see my GYN and a GI doc.

I've read everyone's responses. I am relieved in a way to find these posts. I have also been experiencing bowel problems since my c-section eight months ago. I had to go back to work two months after my daughter was born. Everything started with extreme back pain. Then I felt overly exhausted and just could not do anything. During all of this, I had the same issues where I needed the bathroom as soon as I felt I had to go. It happens many times throughout the day, and some days it doesn't happen at all. I also feel the vibrating, and my stomach still feels numb on the outside where the incision was. The doctors don't know what to do, and all they keep saying is that I shouldn't be having these problems. They have made me feel like it's all in my head, and that I'm insane. Meanwhile, it's getting increasingly difficult for me to function. All I want to do is feel well, get up go to work, and take care of my baby. So far, I have not been able to even enjoy it.

Hi there, thankyou every1 who has posted on this subject ! I thought it was just coincedence that i was havin these problems after my section. My baby is 10 months and the pain and diorriah is gradually getting worse and worse, its really getting me down and i am unable to live my life the way i want to As soon as i make plans for a particular day my stomach plays up and i have to cancel. i have been 2 see my GP who just told me its a nasty stomach bug but i just know its connected to my c section any advise an how to live with this ?? :-(

I just put in a call to my ob-gyn about this problem. It is a relief to see that it is normal to have the bowel pain after a c-section - I knew nothing of this. I don't have trouble with frequent bowel movements, but every time I have one (which is usually daily) I dread it because it is so painful and I bleed quite a bit. I thought at first it was hemmoroids, but that doesn't really make sense if you've had a c-section. Sex is awfully painful, too. It's been three months since my c-section. It seems that most of you have been dealing with it for a good bit longer than that. I'm looking for things to get better, not worse!

Hi there well i had my beatiful son 1 and a half year's ago and since then i have suffering bowel problems as well. My stomach does be like i am 6months pregnant because i do be bloated so much, the pain in my back does kill me. I have being to Doctor's, Hospital, and to-date they said they had not a clue what it was just to keep eating fibre and drink loads of water i felt like a fool i have being doing that anyway. To date this week alone i have not being to the toilet to do a No 2 yet and i cant believe it if i tell my mum she does be shocked but i cant help it. Going to a Doctor/Herb's Laddies on 15th May so hope she can help. All this started just after having my son Eanna. So ladies welcome to the sh*t world of pain. Best of luck to you all and lets hope they can finger point this one. :-(

hi i been recoverig from a c-section i had with my new born its been about 2 weeks i have my good days and bad i rarely can at realy anything everything upsets my stomach where i get these sharp pains almost like period cramps but sharper and pain last longer thers been a coupe times i ve almost passed out from the pain. i thought the second week your suppose to be feeling better nt worst my vision been affected and lose my balance here and there my question isw this normal i diidnt have problems with my first child she was c-section too.

I had a c-section 2 years ago and now everytime I lay on my back, I have to use the bathroom. It feels like something is pressing down on my bowel and bladder. My stomach keeps a swollen feeling and I feel uncomfortable most of the time. I take laxatives and feel good for a minute and then back to normal. I haven't been to the doctor yet, I scarred that something is seriously wrong.

I feel your pain...I had a c-section in 2004 and did great afterwards...i didn't have any problems with stomachaches, bowels...10 months ago however, i had my second child...C-section again..and as soon as i was up walking, my stomach started hurting..i felt so bloated..i couldn't breath right...It's been 10 months and if i don't have a stomachache, i'm constipated, it i'm not constipated, i have diarrhea. I have pain in my left midd. abdomen and it's all driving me crazy. I did have the "vibration" too on my left side and now when i hold the baby and twist to the left, i can hear a "click" sound. I feel like i'm falling apart. I started a very strict diet, which i recommend...to cleanse your body...It's called the Halleluja diet and it's pretty much No meat, no dairy, no salt (except sea salt), no sugar and no caffeine. They have a website if u want to check it out.. (google Halleluja diet Acres and Lifestyle)
I feel better knowing i'm not alone in this and that there are others out there going through the same problems...not that i wish this on ANYONE...but after a while u do feel like "maybe it's all in my head". So it's good to know that we're not going crazy..that C-sections are dangerous...
All the best to you and God bless!

I had a c-section 2 1/2 years ago. Before having my c-section, I would have a bowel movement once a day. Now, I could go 4-8 times a day. It's awful. Not only do I have frequent bowel movements, I feel bloated ALL of the time. It's very frustrating to work out and think your abdominal muscles are getting stronger when you're bloated. It's very depressing to deal with. I got pregnant with my second son 9 months after my c-section and it was the most uncomfortable pregnancy ever! I was very constipated as many women are but I was SOOO bloated at the same time. I almost always had a feeling of pressure "down there" like I have to have a bowel movement but cannot. I was such a grumpy person. Imagine having that feeling for nine straight months! Yikes. I sure hope it goes away in time b/c I don't think I could live with the discomfort forever.

hi i see u ladies are having some of the most horrid things happening to you at the best time in your life not to mention all the pain that goes along with it well were goes i hope this can help some of you maybe all of you ,my daughter just had a c section a month ago she had a few complications but everyone is home now my daughter seems to be experienceing the same symptions as you women maybe worse she had bloody stool throwing up had a infection in her intestions from the c section they cut off the blood supply to her colon during her operation i had to take her to a different hospital and doctor to find out maybe u ott to go to a different doc get a second opinion wont hurt saved my daughters life shes still sick needs another operation but shes still here hope it helps 8)