Hello! I am pregnant and I have some strange pains in my kidney. So, I am wondering what cause of this pain can be. I can tell you that it is very painful. I am afraid about my baby mostly, but I am concerned about my condition, too. I hope that you will be able to tell me something more about this. Thanks!

Hello! Well, first thing on my mind is hydronephrosis. This is very often condition in pregnancy. But, I will be honest with you; these pains also can indicate kidney infection. I think that it would be best if you visit your doctor. I am sure that he will be ale to tell you what exactly the cause of these pains is, after some tests (blood and urine).

Hello ernesta,

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, since you are pregnant I wouldn’t wait a moment to see my doctor.

Pain in the kidneys or better say pain in the back can be a symptom of various things, from urinary tract infection to kidney infection and even kidney stones. All these issues can lead to the hydronephrosis which is just a result of one of these conditions.

So you will have to do some tests, such as urine and blood tests. After these your doctor will be able to determine the right diagnosis. After this the treatment will follow. Treatment usually includes antibiotics and even some herbal teas considering that you are pregnant.

I hope that everything will turn out well for you and your baby.