I am 30 and had a c-section 6 months ago. My pregnancy and baby were healthy and uneventful. I still have a hard time urinating though. I go a little and then I feel like I have to push the rest out. I can be in the bathroom for up to 45 minutes with little streams coming out on and off. I feel like my muscles tighten up after a little comes out. What is causing this and what should I do? Thanks you.

I am having the exact same problem. Only, I urinated perfectly after the c section and mine just started at 5 months after the c section. I sit there forever before I actually start to pee.

Have you found out what the problem is yet? I am so sick and exhausted from running to the bathroom 30+ times a day and waiting 10 minutes to pee about 5 drops.

**edited by moderator**

I am also having the same problem. I had a c-section 7 months ago and have recently had a difficulty time urinating. Went to the doctor and it is not a urinary tract infection and he has no clue what it is. Did you ladies figure out what was causing this? Thanks for your help.

Not one of you has been able to get an answer to your questions yet? It has been quit some time. I am afraid to say that I am having the same type of thing going on with me, for many years now. I have heard that it has something to do with the rectum as well?. I hope we can learn more. thanks

Meee toooo! Mine comes with sting, burning and pulling around the scar.

Any possibility that these experiences are mild forms of interstitial cystitis, and not in fact from the C-section? I have it, very mildly, and my symptoms worsened dramatically recently. I had always thought I was just prone to UTIs or had to pee a lot. When I figured out what it was, with the help of my OB-GYN who informed me that it wasn't a UTI, I was finally able to start controlling my symptoms with diet. When I'm having IC symptoms that are not serious, they sound just like this - needing to pee frequently, but having a very tough time squeezing any significant amount of urine out. My husband gets aggravated over how long I sit in the bathroom.

I am responding to most of your post. I, too, have this issue post-C/S.My understanding is it had to do with both the pregnancy and the way the bladder was slightly tampered with during the surgery itself. I, too, sit there for minutes on end, but as soon as I turn on the tap, I can urinate, even if it sometimes means it's just a few drops.