I'm going to start creatine program next week. This is the first time I've ever used this supplement.

I've been told you should take it before AND immediately after your workouts. However, the nutritional analysis does not show any protein in the creatine. Does creatine use (post workout) replace a whey protein shake? Or should you use creatine AND a protein shake?

Thoughts for this creatine newbie?

I had pretty good luck with it when I tried it.

I only took it after I finished working out though. I think if they're telling you to take it before AND after, that they're just trying to sell more product (possibly).

You'll need to keep taking your protein supplements because creatine isn't supposed to replace that.

Be prepared for some water weight gain though. I felt like a flippin balloon when I took the stuff.

You never did a post-mortem on your creatine experiment from last Fall. How long did you take it? How much creatine each day? How much muscle mass did you gain?
Curiuos minds want to know! :)

kay, now im bored and feel like contributing randomness to this thread...

anyone know why creatine is a good source of energy?

because it has a high phosphoryl transfer groups. in otherwords a creatine molecule has lots of little phosphorous atoms attached to it. they come off (bonds broken) fairly easily and as all good little biochemists know: more phosphates released= more broken bonds= more energy