Hi, I have been going to the gym for some time now. At first I started training only to lose fat. But the results were much better. I feel great and for the first time I have muscles. I take creatine as a supplement and it seams that it helps me strength the muscles but get rid of the fat as well. Am I right?

Hi, it is always nice to hear that people are satisfied with the results they achieve in the gym. This does not only improve your self-esteem but your general state of health as well. However, I am not so trilled when I hear that someone takes supplements. I know that they have become a regular part of the bodybuilding "equipment", but I just think that you can do without them. It is not so surprising that creatine caused muscle strengthening and fat loss at the same time. A lot of bodybuilders have the same results. However, there are no proven scientific reports of this effect of creatine but some parallels have been made.

Say what?!?! What planet have you been living on?

ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/72/2/607S?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=Creatine+supplementation&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT[/url]

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17530933&ordinalpos=7&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum[/url]

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17436778&ordinalpos=14&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum[/url]

These are just preliminary studies I found with a quick search. There are 832 total research articles on the National Library of Medicine alone.

Creatine is one of the safest and most effective musle building supplements that has ever been discovered and its safety effictiveness have been proven time and again since its discovery.

Supplements play a vital role in any weight training program because our foods don't contain all of the nutrients needed to recoperate from the damage done to the muscles while training. Our crops are over farmed and soaked with chemicals to make them grow faster so more product can be produced in a shorter period of time.

Hernando, I encourage you to continue with the creatine and do some research on your own and continue to do what works for you. Dr Michael Colgan has written some outstanding books on sports nutrition and the vitamins and supplements that work and don't work. Education is power.