I need some information. What does elevated CPK count mean? I am a lupus patient…
Very grateful for information!

Hey,
CPK means creatine phosphokinase. It’s function is the catalysis of the conversion of creatine to phosphocreatine. Elevated CPK count is very common in lupus patients, and I think you have nothing to worry about. I guess it is better to consult your doctor.

Hello there stonecipher,

Since faerber has already answered your question there is no need repeating his words but I would like to add that with lupus it is absolutely best solution in consulting your doctor about everything. Unfortunately my girlfriend has been diagnosed with lupus few years ago and we are trying to manage and cope with her condition the best we can. And we have learned that we should always ask her doctor about everything because few times when we didn’t well let’s just say it could end pretty bad.

So tell your doctor all your concerns and try not be embarrassed or ashamed to ask everything you want and need to know. I hope that you will listen to me.