My husband's favorite meal is pizza. I would like to make this for him more often but, every time he eats it he gets sick. I suppose that it happens because of lactose intolerance. Pizza has a lot of cheese, or he like it that way. Is there any way that I can make him his favorite meal, by using some special kind of cheese, which won't make him sick?

There are a lot of things you can try to avoid your husband's sickness after eating pizza with ordinary cheese. You can use Swiss cheese, Cheddar or long aged cheese. Also you can use cheese made of milk substitutes, such as soy milk, almond milk, oat milk or rice milk. I hope you find solution. This information helped me I hope it will help you too.

Hello there vivyanne,

My boyfriend is lactose intolerant as well and he is avoiding consuming products made of milk. In our fridge we have only soy and rice milk and most of the dairy products are based on milk substitutes. Since your husband is such a big fan of pizza with extra cheese you can try Swiss cheese, or cheese which is made from soy or rice milk. The taste is slightly different but this is better solution then feeling sick every time when he finishes with eating.

And maybe he should consider watching out for his lactose intolerance a little bit more. It is fine to consume products which contains small amounts of lactose but extra cheese on pizza is not good for his health overall.