Hi, my birthday is coming up very soon. I am already planning a party. Generally, I know what I am going to serve. Preparing food was never hard for me. You can say that I even enjoy it. But there is a problem. One of the guests that should come is lactose intolerant. As far as I know, this means that he can not eat anything containing milk. Do you have any recipe for lactose free food?

Hi, you are partially right. Lactose intolerance is caused by insufficient production of enzyme lactase important for digesting lactose-milk sugar. There are several forms of lactose intolerance. Most of them do not mean expelling milk and dairy products out of life for good but only diminishing them. However, since you do not know the exact state of your friend, let me suggest something that I like very much and is also suited for him. It is called almond pound cake. You need to mix together margarine and shortening. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar and stir; add one egg and stir again. Repeat this process until all the remaining sugar and eggs are stirred into the creamed mixture. Mix in extracts, salt and baking powder; add 3/4 cup of the flour. Continue to mix adding creamer and water alternately with remaining flour. Pour into prepared pan and bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 15 - 20 more minutes. Cool completely. Believe me you will love it too. Happy birthday and have a nice meal.