So I'm 20 years old and for a couple years now my menstrual cycle has been crazy abnormal. When I first started my period I was 9 and they were pretty normal until my teen years. I have had my period for 3 months the longest. On and off. There was once where I didn't get it all year. Recently like 2 years agonising when it was getting worse. I started bleeding really heavily. Then one day I felt something just come out and I was scared. It was a large clot a little bigger then a golf ball. They were consistent I say every 5 minutes one would come out. I practically lived in the bathroom. Just yesterday I was hanging out with friends and I just fell this huge thing gush out so I go to the restroom and right when I pulled down my pants the blood clot just fell on the floor. It was literally the size of my palm. And I have big hands.i was bleeding everywhere it was so much blood my pants started dripping of blood. There was just blood everywhere! I wasn't sure to go to the ER because ive had a similar situation but it wasn't as bad a few years ago and they didn't do anything except give me some iron pills. Is this normal or should I go get checked out. I'm just really scared and so fed up with this abnormal periods!!!!

Health Guru
Hi. They shouldn't be irregular as that and you shouldn't be bleeding IBM having clots like that I would advise you to go see your gynecologist about it and see if they can get to the bottom of what's causing it. Hope everything works out ok for you and if you decided to go it would be a great help if you could post the out come of what they say is causing it to help others going through the same thing :-)