I'm 4 weeks pregnant today. I found out 6 days ago. The day after I found out at the doctors I started bleeding, very very light brown, like the start of a period, my period was due a few days before and I know you can have a period while youre pregnant so it didnt really worry me, i thought it might just be a late period... it carried on like that, very light brown (so light i didnt really need a pad) for 3 days.

Then on the 4th day very suddenly I started passing heavy blood, large clots, and there was a small round pink squishy thing, about 1cm in diameter. After about 10minutes it stopped. My housemate persuaded me to go to the hospital, they did blood tests, urine tests, felt my tummy and some internal exam thing and something to see if my cervix was open or something, and she said everything was normal.

I stopped bleeding then for the night. (being in the hospital until 5am ¬¬) in the morning, it started again, but very light again.

Half an hour ago, it happened again. I very suddenly started passing lots of blood with large clots, then 20minutes later it stopped, now im not bleeding at all.

Its so confusing. Especially considering the doctor said nothing was wrong. Ive not had sex, or even done anything to myself down there... (i know this can cause bleeding in some women) but the fact, something came out, which looked kind of fleshy, it wasnt a clot and it wasnt blood... ive never seen anything like it before... and I never pass clots this big when I have a period normally.

My housemates are saying I should go back to hospital, but I feel like I cant because Im being told nothings wrong. This doesnt feel right =/ I have an ultrasound booked in 5 days time. But I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could help me understand whats happening.

xx

Hi honey! 1st trimester bleeding - with clots - is quite common! I always say it's like the brain didn't get the memo!! :-) IF you have another episode I would like you to go back to the hospital! It doesn't matter if nothing was wrong yesterday, there COULD be today! I am NOT saying there is something wrong! I think it is more about hormones increasing! Also to put your mind at ease, you can take a HPT - this will show if everything is ok - with still having high enough HCG levels to show that you are still pregnant! Please keep me updated and good luck honey!

Just an update, to help people that experience similar... since I last posted on here Ive bled pretty much everyday with clots, it stopped like yesterday and now its really light.

I had my ultra sound today as planned. She said that what she saw explained the bleeding and clots and that there was no sign of a pregnancy any more, and that id had a complete miscarriage. I was very shocked. I knew inside it had happened on monday night when I went to the hospital, when they told me everything was normal, and that the baby was fine, it had really confused me and gave me hope. So naturally I was sceptical that the baby was gone, and thought they could have made a mistake.

On monday when id gone to A&E thinking id miscarried, theyd done a blood test and my hormones were at 1045. Today a week later they did a second test, the figure's meant to double every 48 hours isnt it.... so I asked if I could wait for the results ... and when they came back... they'd dropped to just 16. So I had miscarried when I first went to A&E. Its just upsetting being told everythings fine and thinking im still pregnant when Im not. ><

I havent had sex or anything like that since the night I got pregnant, I dont smoke or drink, Ive not done anything to cause it, its just one of those things, I cant imagine how hard it is for people to go through this later on in the pregnancy =[

I am SO sorry to hear that honey! With early miscarriages and regular pregnancy symtpoms it is VERY hard to tell what is going on! Probably when you went it was a threatened miscarriage and then turned into a full on one! I need you to know that there is hope and that you can get pregnant again! Take prenatal vitamins and give you body a week or so and then start trying again! I KNOW this is hard honey! BUT just because you had 1 micarriage doesn't mean that you will again OK? BIG hugs and much love!

this is happening to me too,and i am a pit scared.i can't help,and i wish someone can tell me wats wrong,and if my baby would be ok

Wow! This is good news to me! There might still be hope for my pregnancy!! If I am pregnant, I will be 5 weeks. :) I thought it was a miscarriage. But I didnt know 1st triester bleeding with clots was common, so thank you for your input.

Its the wrse feeling i miscarred at 5 mnths and my heart stil aches. Im pregnant again and started spotting today. I just hope my baby is ok. Srry for ur lost.

I've recently found out that I was pregnant.  I took a pregnancy test on October 15, 2012 and it came back to be positive.  I did an online calculator which calculated for me to be 7 weeks.  On Monday, October 22, 2012 when I woke up, I felt a slight but sort of sharp pain in the lower part of my abdomen when I used the restroom that morning.  After using it, I sat there for like 10 seconds and when I wiped myself, I noticed blood on the tissue, it was a light red color.  So automatically I was like "OMG, look in the toilet, something is wrong" When I looked in the toilet, I noticed a small round blood clot (I took a picture of it, to show the doctor). I scheduled a doctor's appointment the week before but no matter how much I was telling the receptionist that I didn't think I could wait that long to be seen, she told me that they didn't have any more spots available until Friday, November 2, 2012.  So the whole week after that Monday, I was experiencing severe stomach cramps and couldn't do anything but force myself to sleep to lessen the pain. Friday (the morning of my doctor's appointment), (I am now 9 weeks) I woke up feeling terrible, my back was hurting VERY VERY bad and so was my stomach! It felt as though my whole body was going through some type of tense but sharp pain. So I went to the doctor and told them everything.  They gave me a pregnancy test which confirmed that I was still pregnant and referred me to an OB/GYN (my appointment is on November 12, 2012) but the doctor couldn't tell me why did I pass the blood clot.  I searched on google about signs of miscarriages and found out that you will experience back pain and abdominal & pelvic pain. I don't think I can wait all the way until November 12 to find out why did I pass this blood clot and feeling the way I've been feeling.  Is it possible to be having a miscarriage for more than a week? If you could give me any type of information based on everything I just said, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you so much!!!

Hey there I'm 6 weeks 5 days. 3 days ago I started spotting and went to the hospital. The dr said my cervix was closed and take it easy. This morning I was passing large blood clots. I went to the hospital the dr said I was loosing a lot of blood and assumed it was a threatened miscarriage but we did an ultrasound and took blood work to make sure. It's the scariest day of my life today I seriously thought he or she was gone :( but in the ultrasound they found and seen the heartbeat. They than said its the baby implanting in the uterus and that's where the blood is coming from. Since I have come from the hospital. It's been non stop clots and a bit of hip and lower back pain; not cramps tho. It felt like something was grabbin my uterus and squeezing it; but was once again reassured that's the baby making itself at home, wanting the best seat in the house. I have a check up next week. So my advice is relax; you stress the baby stresses. Take care of your self and I know exactly where your coming from. It's scary soo scary!!

Hi I had a similar experience although mine was like off coloured discharge more than blood. I my gp got me an emergency scan and everything was absolutely great. The little baby was bouncing around and the 'blood' was having no impact at all on it. The midwife also told me nothing was wrong at all and that it would carry on for a few days and its now stopped! Good luck

On Dec.3 I had a small clot and a little blood when I pee and it stop. I was thinking I was going to have my period but I didn't I took a 2 pregnancy test that day and it was positive. Then on Dec.8 at 6 pm I had a little blood coming out again when i pee and it stop. On Dec.9 at 12 am I had Abdominal pain and had a little blood again when I pee and it stop and went to the ER as soon as possible. They examine my blood and urine they said that my urine exam is ok and my HCG B QT is 1,820 and my HCG U Qual is positive that i am really pregnant. They also did a Pelvic ultrasound they told me there is no findings of yolk sac or fetal pole they said it to early. They said every thing is normal I don't have to worry.. They told me to rest until my next exam and do not perform any strenuous activity.. Also eat a light diet with foods that are easy to digest and avoid sexual intercourse until all symptoms have gone away. Then today Dec.10 when I woke up I had to go pee so bad I had a blood clot again just a little more then Dec. 3.. This is driving me crazy because I don't know what's happening to me and my baby...

Hie everyone, it's me again!! I started my OB Care on Monday, December 10.  The doctor told me that the blood clot thing was normal and ensured me that my baby was fine!! I got my first ultrasound and my baby was licking it's tongue out lol, I couldn't help but to cry!!! I just turned 14 weeks Tuesday (12/11/12) and my baby is due on June 11, 2013!!!Congrats to you all and I hope you all have a safe pregnancy and delivery!! Make sure u eat healthy so your baby can be healthy and you wouldn't risk losing it!! Thanks alot!! Have a good and blessed day!!

--Taylor

i had the same kind of experience i found out i was five and a half weeks pregnant on thursday later on that day has i stood up a gush of watery bloody came out, i got worried so i used a pad and decided to go to my local hospital, i got examined by the triage nurse who was sure i had either suffered from a misscarriage or an etopic pregnancy, i then got reffered to the early pregnancy unit were i had an internal examination of the bloody and a tummy examination and they nurse said it seems normal, i then got taken in for a scan and it showed the baby's heart beating and that everything was ok. friday was very light bleeding and saturday none at all, sunday however i discovered very heavy runny bleeding and would not stop after about 20 minuets i discovered i had past two clots one about 1cm long but was very stringy like, i panicked and imediatly thought that is it i had lost my baby. monday morning the bleeding slowed down again went back to hospital this morning explained everything that happened and the nurse said again that everything seemed ok and that only if i was non stop bleeding should i return. i still feel sickness alot with baby but it is making me worry deeply and cannot stop thinking negative. i know what u are going through this is my first pregnancy and first me and the father was very unsure about it all but now i cant wait so i know everyhing will be ok. GOODLUCK AND I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND YOUR BUMP... :) XX

I had an experience this past week, I missed my period for the month of JAN so I went to the store and purchased a home pregnancy test an off brand one ( it didn't work) so I went back to the store and purchased ept early pregnancy test and I wasn't sure of the results because one of the lines where the plus sign is supposed to be was really really light, so my husband went back and purchased a digital test because we really wanted to know I took the test and it said pregnant, so the nest day (Monday) I  called my doctor and scheduled a test with them and was SHOCKED when the test that the doctor took came back negative, so (tuesday) I called my doctor told her what had happened and made an appointment to go see her the same day, she gave me a pelvic exam, scheduled an ultrasound, repeated the urine test and on (wednesday) the second test came back positive so I'm like ok I'm pregnant, well on that friday I got up to get ready for work and noticed spotting which was weird I wasn't cramping so I went to work my job isn't strenuous at all so I thought it would be ok, I woke up on saturday morning no bleeding so I went on about my day and late saturday night I started bleeding again so I went to the ER, the doctor did a pelvic exam an ultrasound and said that everything was fine and to come back if i had severe bleeding or cramping, late sunday evening I started bleeding and clotting but still no pain so I rested and woke up on monday no bleeding but later on on monday night I started bleeding again and passed a pinkish clotty thing so I called the hospital again and the told me to come back so I did, the took blood to check my (hcg levels) did a ulrasound,  pelvic exam, and ct scan to find that my uterous was now empty, my hcg levels had dropped, and it was a suspected etopic pregnancy because I didn't collect the fleshy clot to bring in for testing, and that there was no need for a D &C because my uterus was empty so the wanted to treat me with a medication called methotrexate which is a chemotherapy drug used to stop cells from growing in the body that scared me half to death so I refused to take the drug because first off it has all kinds of weird side effects, and second the doctor isn't sure that it in fact is an etopic pregnancy or if i do where it is, so I have to keep going back every 48hrs to see if my hcg levels are dropping that way they know for sure if I miscarried or if I have an etopic pregnancy i am so week from the loss of blood and am still bleeding off and on.

Well I recently learned that I am about 5 weeks pregnant and my HCG level was 9000- I went to the GYN because I was a few days late on my period -8 days- adn I was having a lot of cramping and passing lots of clots but then for a few days the discarge would be brownish and no clots and then I would have a day or so of bleeding. I was sure that I had cancer or something- She did a pelvic exam and said my uterus was inflammed and then did an ultrasound and there was a baby - we even saw the heartbeat. So now I am very worried about these clots, cramping and bleeding -