For awhile now I have been having really strange periods. Not sure whats going on. I've been having really bad cramps, like I am bleeding a lot, but my period will be very light. Also I've had lots of blood clots, which I read is normal and usually occurs when you're bleeding heavily. The problems is I am never really bleeding heavily. Is it normal to get clots when barley bleeding. Seems my period mainly consists of clots and I bleed the most when sitting on the toilet, but not normal blood flow, it kinda like drains out as when I'm on the toilet and it's like slimy and thick w/ clots, doesn't look like a normal menstural period. The cramps I get are unbearable, you know the kind that make you wanna cry. And it seems like I should be having a really heavy flow but there will be little to no bleeding. It almost feels like the blood is just getting clogged or stuckup there, is this possible? Can someone please help me shed some light on this? What could be going on? Should I go to the doctor? This have been going on for at least 6 months if not longer.

Some things you should never consider as a normal menstruation. Cramps often can happen, but sometimes those cramps that even don't want to go away when you are trying to beat them with a painkiller means that you may be dealing with something more serious. Extremely painful periods can be a symptom of endometriosis. That is a disorder where uterine lining grows in other areas of your body besides your uterus. Because of this, those painful cramps can happen and painful cramps are usually just one of several symptoms women with endometriosis endure. When you have problems like this, you can experience a pain during intercourse and of course, during a mensural cycle. 

Cella - Did you ever get a reply? I've been having the exact same problem. --Carlie

I am having the same problem for the first time. Not sure what to do.

ME TOO! I hope someone answers!

im sorry that no one has been able to help you all. I cant either but it sounds to me that you all need to see a doctor, i cant see it being a major problem but its worth getting checked out.
is there any possibility that any of you could be or could have been pregnant. althought a few months of it is unlikely. either way, id deffo go and see doc. take care all of you and i hope you sort it soon, mwah xxx

Okay mine is kinda similar except I have heavy flow at the same time with the whole toilet thing. I would definitely go to a doctor just to make sure you dont have a cyst on ur ovaries or on ur uterus because that could cause the unbearable pain. I too suffer from such extreme pain I need a high dose of motrin (which makes me sick) just to get rid of the cramps and because it makes me sick I never take it anyway. So in some respects I feel your pain. (The reason for the unbearable pain may be the amount of caffiene you have had that month-I know when I drink alot of water some months the cramps arent that bad and unbearable-so try water for a while). Hope this helps :-)

Have you all been checked for uterine fibroids if you look it up that could be the cause.

I have the same issue where I gets streams of blood leakingout when I am on the toilet and clots too. I also get really bad cramps. Since there seems to be several of us responding to this I am thinking this is probably somewhat normal.

i recently had a miscarriage and since then have the same symtpoms as you (previously i did not even get cramps). i dont know what the cause is but i find that exercising really halps the pain (i think it has something to do wiith the higher body temperature)

I think this is normal and nothing to freak out over. Many things can bring about changes in your body. Including the seasons, and the phases of the moon. I have found that when a period comes around the full moon there is much more blood and clots leaking out because there is a stronger gravitational pull and your body reacts stronger to it- just like the waves get larger during a full moon. However I have been getting my period around the new moon, which has the least amount of gravitational pull which makes me bleed much less, especially during the day.
Aside from this fact it could be related to the seasons, in winter months, people don't move around as much so their bodies do not get in the rhythm to expel as quickly vs a very active spring or summer season.
I would also say diet has something to do with it but ESPECIALLY adequate water. I am a 23 year old female who gets pretty normal periods, with moderate cramping on the first day only. but this cycle was HORRIBLE. My cramps started and i couldn't stand I was in bed shaking.. these cramps were equal to labor pains! I considered going into the er if they didn't let up, i actually got nauseated from them- which has never happened, not even with my labor cramps. My boyfriend gave me a big glass of ice water and i drank it and felt better within an hour. I think your problem is you need fluids. it helps expel everything out of your body. Remember you actually never get streams of blood with your period, they are only drops- you only lose about 2 tablespoons of blood through your entire period, it just looks like more because it comes out with urine, usually. The clots also make it aapear like there is much more blood lost then there actually is. So i would say if you have no known health conditions. .DRINK SOME WATER. lay down, and don;t stress yourself out over the cramps. I also did some stretches which really helped!

bayer asprin is wonderful it thins out your blood so your flow becomes a little more regular and if there is a clot stuck it will come free

I bleed much more, in fact, it made me severely anemic. I don't think everyone bleeds '2 tablespoons'. I bleed alot, cramped alot, had nothing BUT bloodclots and huge uterus chunks come out until I went and saw the OBGYN. Even now though, if I don't take the pills perfectly, my cramps are horrible. I'll vomit, get nauseous and get faint.

i dont know if this will help but i have read that most all women have a miscarriage and dont even know about it. It also said there is a test they can run on u to find out if you have had a miscarriage.

i am having the same problem... light periods, unbearable cramps on the first and sometimes the second day, and blood clots... it has only been like that for about a year now, worse in the last couple of months... please help..........