I am a 42 year old woman in good health and get daily exercise. About three weeks ago, I slipped while getting out of the shower and fell with all my weight on my inner leg (just below the knee) against the outer edge of the shower. I had a bruise larger than a softball with every color imaginable. Most of the bruising is gone at this point, but I am left with a very hard, tender knot about the size of an oblong marble. It is very sore to touch. Is this something I should see my doctor about, or will it go away? I take 1 baby aspirin daily - could this cause a problem or will it help in preventing a clot?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, caused by a sharp hit to the side of my leg. Mine caused bruising all the way down to my foot, but little pain. The bruising appears to be gone, but I still have a Knot the size of a small egg on the side of my calf ( with no color). It's been there for 2 wks.

I don't think the aspirin will do much for the bruising or the lump. You've basically got dead protein under the skin that the body will break down over time. You need something that will help speed that process up. This product called BruiseMD will be better for you. It has active enzymes that work to break down the dead protein. This will reduce the bruise, reduce the pain, reduce the discoloration. It is also all natural no it is safe for everyone, even kids.

Where do.you buy this