Hi, I noticed a bruise and a lump on back of my hand. It is small, pink and itchy. Is it an insect bite or what?

Bruises and lumps can often be caused by minor injuries, especially in people older than 40, because their skin is thinner. Blood collects and pools under the skin, and sometimes it can give a lumpy feel. It’s called hematoma, and usually isn’t dangerous. Bruising is much more often in women than in men, and sometimes, it can even run in the family. Sudden bruising can also be caused by anticoagulants, sepsis, hemophilia, lupus or cirrhosis. But you don’t have to worry about those things if you have the bruise and a lump only on one place. It will probably disappear after couple of weeks, but if it doesn’t, see a dermatologist. During that time, you should take vitamin C, because it could help in reducing the bruise and a lump.