Yesterday morning I noticed that the tip of the middle finger on my right hand was completely numb. It didn't hurt, it was just numb and tingled when I touched it. After examining my hand I noticed a bruise in the middle of the inside of that finger. I don't recall hurting that finger and the bruise itself wasn't sore or anything.

My apartment my pretty cold yesterday, so I put some gloves on. I noticed that once my hands warmed up, the numbness in my finger went away.

Right now my finger isn't numb but the bruise is still there. 

Any clue what this could be?

I just had a similar happening. The little finger on my left hand felt cold and numb. When I looked at it I had a bruise that covered part of the tip and middle section of my finger. I know for sure I didn't hit it on anything. Very strange. Never happened before.My hands were cold, just chilly in my house and I'm fighting a cold right now. I put my hand under my thigh just to warm it up a bit and the numbness went away. Still a bruise. My hands have been cold many times before but I've never noticed bruising. ?Not sure what's going on.   

Did either of you ever get an explanation from a doctor about this? I had the exact same thing. Middle finger numbness. Bruising on the inside. Cold hands... Weird. 

I'm interested in knowing as well. My ring finger is completely numb (started just at the tip and now it is all numb, within hours...) and the base of that finger is really bruised. That one finger is also really cold whereas the rest of my fingers are warm...don't want to worry but it's a bit disturbing.

This just happened to me and I freaked out. Numb finger then a bruise inside of the middle of that finger. My dad has Renaud syndrome and I'm pretty sure I am getting it. Might want to go to the doctor.

I think you are suffering from Achenbach Syndrome. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've pretty much had the exact same thing happen. Ring finger on right hand. Numbness to the tip of finger and then the bruising came up and then numbness to tip of finger continued off and on. Very unusual.

Did you figure out what this condition is?

Reynaud's Syndrome. I also suffer from this. Yoga (especially inversions) and ginger, and other things to improve circulation help.

Did you ever get s diagnosis? The exact same thing happened to me today.

I just read your post as I was searching for somekne who experienced thus exact thing. The sane EXACT thing just happened to me about 2 hours ago same finger same bruising. Dud you get a diagnosis? I'm going to a Rheumatologist which was suggested by my MD. Any hekp is appropriated Janet

Original poster here. This happened several times over the course of a few months and then stopped. I've never had the issue again. Never got a diagnosis.

My bruise occurred the night before and wasn't sensitive in morning. While sitting at the computer and typing the next AM my left middle finger tip went numb. I was a bit cold though I wouldn't describe my hands as cold. Still the chill seemed sort of relevant and my left fore arm felt a bit heavy. To be honest, when I bruised the knuckle the night before (moving a 5 shelf walmart piece), I felt like that was out of the ordinary and that I seemed uncharacteristically fragile, possibly weak. I chalked it up to some of the fasting and muscle loss I've experienced. In the AM, fasted, the tingling lasted several minutes and I was starting to get scared. The bruised inside knuckle was not sensitive but black and blue. I read something about B vitamins, so I popped a B12 sublingual which also has a 1 g of sugar, and the situation might have improved temporarily but then came back. I also felt tension in the form arm, loss of grip strength.

The middle finger of my right hand gets a bruise at the top first knuckle ..it starts to sting alittle then itch and then the bruise appears . It feels slightly inflamed and bruise lasts 3/4 days . In the last year and a half it’s happened 4X . First time I went urgent care because it tingles as well. I was told it bruised it , probably banging it or it got pinched by something ...how would I not feel this when it happened . After debating the physician, I decided to let it go . The other times I didn’t go..same occurrence , same spot . I’m in the midst of the fourth occurrence now .

It is achenbach syndrome. A self limiting condition that basically occurs but doesnt cause any other issues! If it involves all the fingers in the hands and is often due to cold it is raynauds.