I'm a soccer player, and about 2 years ago in the middle of a game, a really strong boy slidetackled into my right leg, in between my calf and my foot. My foot and leg straightened out and went completely numb, and i fell over from the loss of control and balance. Someone helped me off the field and I sat down and put ice on it, after about 45 minutes I went back into the game, still hurting, but also still wanting to play, but unfortunatly I got hit twice more in the same spot and had to leave early from the game. I still have the bruise there on my leg, and it's almost 2 years after. Do you know how soft a razor glides up against your skin? It hurts me to shave, and at random times the area where the bruise is will go completely numb, at other times it will hurt so bad that I have to stop what I'm doing until the pain goes away. What could this posssibly be? What can I do about it?

Sincerely,
Lindsay B.

Lindsay, my goodness! If you have a bruise that has not healed in two years, you need to see a doctor about it! It needs to be taken care of and the longer you wait, the more likely it is that something permanent may have happened to you. Can you see a doctor this week? I think it would be a good idea to because bruises really take no longer than a month to heal. Let me know what you think, okay?