Don't ask me why, but I got in a pub fight yesterday... Now my whole body hurts, there is a lump on my jaw AND I got banned from my local pub. Life is pretty sucky sometimes. Any way, do I need to see a doctor about the lump? It doesn't seem broken. Thanks for your replies, guys...

Hi Benjamen! It sounds like a trauma lump to me. It is normal to have some swelling when you have had an injury. Home treatment can often help reduce swelling. Sometimes swelling will make your face look misshapen. If the misshapen appearance is caused by swelling only, your appearance will return to normal as the swelling goes down. Home treatment measures can help reduce swelling. Swelling is more serious when 1) a lot of swelling or bruising develops rapidly, within 30 minutes of an injury. This is more likely to mean a severe bruise, a broken bone or a torn muscle. 2) swelling continues and does not improve with home treatment. 3) swelling and pain increase and occur with redness, red streaking, warmth, fever, or drainage that looks like pus. This can mean an infection has developed at or near the site of the injury or in the salivary glands. If your face looks misshapen or if you have facial swelling(a lump) that does not improve with home treatment, call your doctor for an evaluation. Prompt medical treatment can help prevent complications. You need to make an appointment with an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to determine the extent of injury. I hope it is nothing severe, but the bone could have been badly injured or the jaw muscles could have been traumatized. I hope this will help you and you'll get better soon.