Hi all. I have three external hemorrhoids and two skin tags for about 10 years. I don't feel pain now, but I really want to get rid of them. I'm considering laser surgery. After a little research, I couldn't find any info on doctors or centers in Virginia doing this kind of surgeries. Is there anyone can provide some suggestion or recommendation? Thank you so much.

There are none!!!! I live in Maryland and I flew to Arizona to have it done. My recovery was uneventful! I am a person who will get hemorrhoids again and I refuse to do the conventional surgery! There are doctors in New York and Florida that do it too if you are willing to travel. I searched and searched for a laser surgeon. Although, the doctors will tell you it isn't any better. If you look at all of the research and message boards it seems better to me. I am willing to give you more info if you want. I researched and cryed over this for three months before making my decision to fly to Arizona!

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

Ah, Arizona is too far. New York may be possible. It would be great if you can provide me more info.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You can also post it here since it may help other people like me. Thank you so much.

Okay....it looks like I made a mistake by adding web addresses like I was advertising so let me try the info again. There are two doctors in New York that I found, a Dr. Stephen Goldstone and a Dr. Marian Fleischer. There are two doctors in Florida too, Dr. Michael Wiley and a Dr. Hugo Salinas. If you decide to go please update me. Arizona is too far.......but if I need something done again I will travel for the laser. Keep in mind....the doctors who say it is better are the ones that do it but the doctors that say it isn't better are the ones that don't do it! They don't train with laser in medical school.

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

Thank you, randadawn. Yeah, some websites say laser is not better. I'm really confused and hesitating to go with it. I searched online about the cost, some say the laser surgery could be up to 9000 dollars without insurance. I have insurance but I guess that will still be a big cost. I need to contact my insurance company. What is the cost in your case?

leitsh wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

My usual for outpatient surgery. My deductable was $500 and my insurance covered 85% after that. My total out of pocket was $620. So, I don't think it costs more and I do think it is better. Look at medical research and clinical trials. Also, I was on vacation in Florida and the place there, Laser Colorectal was great. I just went to check it out. The doctor was great too. Very nice and gentle. My only complaint was the wait. They don't take appointments. He does laser surgery for external hemorrhoids either in his office of hospital. I am going there in a couple of months to have another one taken care of.

nice. thanks for your info.

leitsh wrote:

nice. thanks for your info.

Hey,

How are you? I have done some more research. First, have you found anything interesting? Check out this hospital.....Sentara Norfolk General Hospital........I think they provide a portable pain pump for you to take home with you.

May have found something in Pennsylvania. A gastro office that says * Office Laser Hemorrhoid Surgery *

I will call them on Monday and let you know.

There are a couple in Pennsylvania. DEEP DEEP GOOGLE SEARCH! Try wholistic health.....................

Hey, are you still on here? Did you bite the bullet?

randadawn wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

nice. thanks for your info.

Hey,

Hi Randadawn,
I live in Springfield, VA. In the other forum, you said you had laser surgery in PA. Do you mind to give me the name and phone number of that doctor? Were you satisfied with him compated to the Center in Phoenix. What insurace the doctor in PA and Phoenix acceped?
You also mentioned that you found a doctor in Baltimore? Do you have the name and phone number?
Thanks in advance for your info

Hi Randadawn

I live in Springfield, VA. I would appreciate it if you can give me the name and phone number of the doctor in PA and Baltimore MD if you don't mind. Were you satisfied with the doctor in PA? Which one did a better job on surgery, Phoenix or PA? What insurance they will accept it?

Thanks in advance for your info

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

randadawn wrote:

leitsh wrote:

Randadawn

What insuracne you have? Were you happy with the doctor at the Phoenix center?
Thanks,

I was satisfied. I have BCBS.