Hi
Does anybody know of a physician who performs laser procedure to shut close an anal fissure?
I had four rectal surgeries already (LIS three times, and then fissurectomy with bottox).
The fissure is there and I cant take the pain anymore. I will not have an anoplasty as most women I know who had it -suffer from incontinence. I know that there doctors who do the laser procedure to close a fissure but not in my area. I will gladly travel anywhere to have this done
Thanks
Aubrey

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Just wondering if you found out who does the laser surgery for fissures. I had the Botox done 2 weeks ago but have been dealing with this for 4 months. Like you, I can't take the pain anymore, I feel like I'd rather be dead than live like this. I'm a very upbeat and happy person, or at least I was before this happened. Please keep me posted.
Thank you

Hi, Just wondering if you found out who does the laser surgery for fissures. I had the Botox done 2 weeks ago but have been dealing with this for 4 months. Like you, I can't take the pain anymore, I feel like I'd rather be dead than live like this. I'm a very upbeat and happy person, or at least I was before this happened. Please keep me posted. Thank you. Bev

Hi Bev,

sorry for delay in response. I have been through a long journey with anal fissure and doing better I think I can help.  I hope your fissure has healed completely since. In case it hasnt, write to me and I will try to help

Hi Want2help, were you able to find a doctor that could laser shut the fissure in California? I have a similar problem, and would like to have this procedure done than LIS. I did find the doctor in Miami who did "laser recto surgery", although I do not know if it's the same thing where he lasers the fissure shut, or a fissurectomy using laser to remove the scar tissue. From what I understand, those are two totally different procedures... Please let me know! I can't PM you as I am new.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Hi Bev,

I still wasnt able to find someone who would laser shut the fissure. I did read though about a new laser machine invented at Sackler School of Medicine (tel aviv univesity) which closes wounds with laser. I tried to contact the inventor (Prof Katzir) yet no response yet.

I just came back from hospital as the pain was so bad I was in excurciating pain. I read about using candles as dilators to increase the circumference of the sphincter. I tried that when I was at worse state. I know that when a person is happy the sphincter can widen and I also know that uterine cramps tightens the sphincter terribly. Oxytocin hormone relaxes uterine contractions and relaxes spasm in sphincter. Doctors said Hyocyamine does that too (pills) but not for me. At hospital, toradol IV helped me a lot.

Hi Mashmetoo

I had fissurectomy done and I believe it made my fissure much worse. See, they basically scrape off the exterior part of the fissure believing the surgical cut is easier to heal than the spontaneous tear that happened during a bowel movement. I disagree. My fissure became much larger due to this surgical cut, extremly painful post op (much more painful than LIS) and it took me about two years to get back to the original size of fissure (they size it was before they did this surgery).

For me, LIS, fissurectomy, bottox. None worked. I believe that nitroglycerin/nifidipine by itself or LIS alone could have been successful had the surgeon taken the time to teach me post op wound care, continue being careful about soft stool and staying away from constipating foods and making sure the patient is relaxed and happy. My surgeon didnt believe in these factors. He thought surgery is all that matters.

I just started using Dr. Wheatgrass. The pain is hardly there but the fissure still is as I just came back from the doc today. I can most certainly handle the fissure now

I have to say that I don't think an anal fissure ever goes away!! I've had just about everything you can imagine done but the Sphincterotomy (sp) really helped. The doctor cut part of my sphincter muscle. The pain the first day wasn't so hot but I obviously lived through it. About a month after the surgery I requested another botox injection which I believed helped the surgery. Today, I may have a slight pain once a month - if that. Have the surgery done, don't listen to the scary stuff about incontinence because I've not had any of that. Maybe some flatulence when I sneeze or cough too hard, but it's worth it to me to be free of the pain. I'm on stool softener/laxative and will be for the rest of my life. Don't suffer with that pain.....I know I wanted to die it was so bad.....today, I'm living normally again. Good luck.

Dr. Kolgraff
Okoboji, Iowa

almetto Medical Plaza

7100 W 20th Ave.#516 Hialeah, FL33016 Phone: (305) 825-4043 Fax: (305) 827-6923

Baptist Medical Arts Bldg

8950 SW 88 Street #407 Miami, FL 33176 Phone: (305) 412-022 

This place may do the laser closing.  I haven't been there but have been thinking about it

Laser Hemorrhoid Center

Street Phoenix, AZ 85028

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am dealing with this pain every day (anal fissure) I can not live like that . if any one can help please do