Do you use running logs? I started running a year ago and I didn’t know that I should have running logs. Can you give me a piece of advice on that topic? I mean, I’m only a recreational runner and I don’t know why I need to keep log journal. Do you thing that it’s necessary for me? Thanks.

Since you’re a recreational runner, you actually don’t have to keep a log journal. They’re used in order to monitor your performance and to see your mileage and speed but since you don’t have to be very careful about your daily performances. But in case you’d still like to see how you advance over the course of time. Just don’t let the potential results discourage you since you maybe expect to see improvement instantly and it takes time to improve your performance. There are sites where you can enter your daily logs and calculate everything. I’m also not a pro and I sometimes use running logs but that’s only when I increase the intensity of my training.