I'm back from the lovely land of Disney and I completed my first marathon successfully. My husband and I had planned on running together and actually managed to do so without killing eachother. We finished with a time of 3:55:13.

It was a great day in the low 50's. It started at 6am with some fireworks at the start. We were in corral C and the first 5 miles were pretty congested. Our pace for the first 5 miles was 9.30-10.15. After that we ran 8.35-8.54. A few of the miles near the end were 9.02 and 9.10. The course is pretty flat and goes through all the parks. I heard that the spectators at this marathon were thin but I thought there were alot of people cheering us on. My body felt great until mile 18 then my quads were tightening up and I wanted to stop and walk but my husband wouldn't let me. I'm so glad I didn't or I probably would have cramped up pretty bad. We split Gu's about every 3 miles and walked all the water stops. I am a firm believer in Gu!! I love the stuff and may start to spread it on my bagels instead of cream cheese.

It was such a great feeling finishing the marathon and sticking to all my goals. I'll definately do Disney next year. It's a great time to go on a mini vacation and throw in a marathon all in one long weekend.

Terri

YEEEESSSSS!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day! I'm so glad you two stuck together through the whole thing! What an achievement.

How did you feel after the marathon?

Wow! Congrats on the your first!

:thumbsup: Great report for the first of many marathons!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!! And report. :dance2:

Nice Job Dancer,
It is a great feeling getting that first one under your belt. Now the addiction is locked in and you can't break it.

Eric

Well done, nice time as well.

Great Job Dancer!

:coach: here ya go!

Wow! Congratulations. That's really great that you and your hubby were able to share an experience like that.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Go Dancer! :dance1:

[scroll:039f07949c]W A Y T O G O ![/scroll:039f07949c]

Sub 4 the first time out is pretty impressive!

:1:

Great job

:1:

Way to go

way to go Dancer :thumbsup:

excellent time for a first marathon --- and you're still happily married!!! :banana:

Congratulations Dancer and Mr. Dancer too! So you finished together? Okay...just between us...you could have beat if him if you had wanted to right? A sub-four for your first is an achievement to be proud of!

Congratulations Dancer! :thumbsup:

Great job!!! :thumbsup:

I'd love to have as good a showing my first attempt at the big cheese!

Sounds great!