Two runs in New England, the big and the small of it.

The big was the Beach 2 Beacon 10K in (at?) Cape Elizabeth ME on August 2. 5000 registered, 4273 finished. Not too bad a course, but the largest field I think I ran in was 700. The size of the group didn't bother me, and neither did the course - rolling roads, but nothing that would wreck you. Ran it :57:39.80, a PR for the distance 8) . Also beat my first celebrity (if you can call him that), the Governor of Maine - I attribute this to Maddie, who was telling him to tax all the out-of staters in the race. And my first furriners, some Canajuns and some Brits.

The small was one week later at the Moose Chase 5K in Killington VT*. Only 64 signed for this one. More of a hill at the beginning than any point of B2B, and flatter roads (being Vermont, these were sand and gravel). Pretty humid, and started way too fast - the first two miles in :16:12 - but did get a PR here too, :26:07.00. More satifying was I did crack the top half of the runners - 32nd, but it still is the top half.

Considering I did maybe half the running I usually do, and cleared out parts of the Ben & Jerry's national supply, the races were very satisfying.

Good job, G-dawg! Sounds like y'all had mucho fun at the B to B....and there's nothing like squeezing in a few good races whilst on vacation!

Any more planned before you complete your Gretrievamania tour?

Gretrievamania - I like that! No, nothing planned while out west. Trying to set something up to run with Deb in her hometown on LD weekend, then the QC half-thon at the end of September. Them's the only two races on the schedule. For now. :)

Congratulations on your PRs. :thumbsup: :cheers:

congrats on the PRs and racing on vacation!

i'll trade ya somethin' for that moose shirt

2 PR's in 2 races is pretty good runnin'.

Is it allowed for a midwesterner to get a Pr in New England? Okay... we'll allow it Those godzilla races like B2B are toughies for busting out a Pr on...good goin'!!!

Great job!!!
New England must have treated you well!

Oh, it did. I even ate lobster for the first time and lived to tell the tale. Tastes like chicken, with the consistency of Bazooka Bubble Gum.

Nah, tastes more like Seagull.

Hope you didn't let the governor get your name, he will come after you for income taxes. If you live in NH and work in Maine you have to pay Maine state income tax, that's reasonable. But you have to pay Maine income tax on your wife's income too even though she doesn't work in Maine.

2 PR's out East! Excelente! You're really doing a great job and have come a long way. Congrats to you.

Shelly