Hey folks, just a quick report.

Quick and Painless Version:
Previous Best: 51:53 (2 years ago, same course)
My goal: Sub 50 minutes
Actual Time: 49:15

Bit longer version:
So, many of you know that I, unlike most folks, enjoy running on my treadmill. It's easier for me to 'jump off' if I have to and help with the boys, and...well, I just enjoy it. Anyway, So far this year I have run outside 3 times (one training run, and two races, including today's). My times were getting to be the same on the mill no matter the distance.

Well, the one outdoor training run I had went better than I could have expected, thus lowering my goal time for this race. I didn't know what to expect really, but I had to try. Many of you also know that since I began running again, I have been out there on race day for the goal of enjoying the day and the atmosphere rather than breaking records. Well, I threw that to the wind. I felt I had to.

Long story short, dispite the rain and wind, everything felt right. I knew to break 50 I had to set in at just below 5:00 per K. Start was fast (like any race) so that gave me a head start. 3K split I came in at 14:42. Ahead of what I needed, but not by much. At about the halfway point, the rain was a bit heavier, and I could feel myself weakening a bit, although the split didn't show it - 5K @ 24:35 - pretty consistent. The next 2K were the slowest, and I guess I will blame it on the hills (yeah right) - 7K @ 34:45 - still ahead, but I lost some seconds. 8K was a flat 5:00. Perfect, no loss there (39:45). At the 9K mark, I was rounding the lake. The wind and rain were at their worst now, but something in me kicked it up a few notches anyway - 9K in 4:31 (44:16). By this point, barring a disaster, there was no way I wouldn't break that 50. I think 9K was short, because I was strongest in the last K and finished with a good sprint. 10K in 4:59, with a finishing time of 49:15. :mrgreen:

Overall, I felt good. No groin or knee issues, and only a little verp in the final sprint. It was a great race, and it has given me a new perspective on my races, especially the 5 and 10Ks. I can't wait to run the Bob Cross 5K next Sunday! :D

Thanks for the well wishes. I would not be where I am in my running if it were not for this place and the people who make it what it is. :wavey:

-Randy

You go Randy! It's nice to hear a report from you!!

wow, very very nice time.

Great job!!! I truly wish I enjoyed running on a treadmill. Maybe if I had success like that, I would.

Wow, very nice job. Congrats to you! :banana:

Yea I'm sorry we didn't meet up too. Maybe next year the RR turn out will be higher. :D I'll do this race again for sure. Again, congrats! :mrgreen:

w00t!! Congrats on running a good race! I am glad it went well for you~and the time ROCKS!!!!

Are you going to run outside more now??? :wink:

Way to go Rando, wish I were there with you again!!!

RWS= runswithSUB50!!!! :banana: Awesome job Randy and awesome time! It's great to hear that you've picked back up in your training and have come out with such great results. You've gotta love that! You also inspire this treadmill lovin' girl that you can do well with treadmill training. Good for you and congrats! :cheers:

GREAT JOB RANDO! :thumbsup:

Nice race!!!! and congratulations on the new PR!!!

:banana: excellent job randy!!! :banana:

sub 50 on a 10K is really smokin'. three cheers for the treadmizzle. :cheers: your training has paid off nicely.

Nice racing, especially considering the weather! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

8)

Shelly

Great job Randy!!!!

Welcome back, Rando---and what a great comeback, too!! WOO HOO!!!! SO sorry I missed you guys this year, but it's great to hear you did so well. Don't be such a stranger, k?

Congratulations! You ran a great race. :thumbsup: