im 14 and i need to loose weight in a week because i am becoming self-consious and it is annoying

PLZ HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Losing a lot of weight in a week is very unhealthy. You shouldn't lose more than five pounds per week. Even then, that might be stressing your body. Losing 1-3 pounds a week is better.

Also, you may be perfect weight. What's your height and weight?

Guest wrote:

PLZ HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

does adderall help u loose weight?
i am way over weight and i'm wondering if i shoul start taking it?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :(

I know how incredibly frustrating it is to be over-weight and how you just want it to go away as fast as it can but a few years ago I lost a lot of weight but the unhealthy way and it all came back and more! I was so unhappy after that. But I've been trying to do it the right way and it's taken a year but I've lost nearly 70 lbs. Try and do it the right way. I promise that you won't regret it.

And about the adderall thing.. yes it helps loose weight because it is speed. I'm on it but I'm on it only due to severe depression and A.D.D

Don't start taking medication like that to loose weight.

Don't buy into fast weight loss-- I was on a 2 year roller-coaster where I would fluctuate between 140 lbs and 112 lbs-- I could lose up to ten pounds in a week and then gain 15 in three days-- no joke! it was horrifying and people were CONSTANTLY talking to me about my weight which made matters much worse! I would have rather just been 140 and slowly shaving off weight without anyone making a comment until a year down the road... I finally stabilized and am now between 111 and 115 lbs which is perfect for my frame (I am 5'6).

There are various reasons for wight gain and you should look into those to see how to remedy them: Was it a sudden gain or gradual? Was there a significant event that caused it like getting depressed, losing a loved one, a few too many special occasions in a row, starting college and sitting in front of the computer too much, change in diet??? Is it just your hormones adjusting to adolescence? Did you recently go on meds like for depression, quitting smoking or birth-control?

Once you id the problem: take a breath... Losing weight is supposed to be FUN!-- so just think: fun fun fun!!!

1. Go dancing! You are 14: enjoy your body!!! There are probably dance-clubs and parties for the underage... if not, take a class: belly dancing, Latin dancing, African dancing, jazz-- whatever! Gyms and community centers are full of possibilities. You won't just lose a c**p load of weight, you will actually make your body have a beautiful shape and increase your metabolism plus meet people etc...

2. Stay away from drugs and alcohol! Especially amphetamines like ritalin adderoll, ephedrine-- they all reduce your weight in short run but then slowly make you gain it and if stopped, make you gain incredible amounts because of a slowed down metabolism! YOu will be thin for a year and FAT for the rest of your life!!! Stay away seriously!!!

3. Speaking of Metabolism: that's what you want: HIGH METABOLISM! TIt means you can eat a LOT and BURN a lot and the more you'll eat, the more you'll burn!!! Here's how to boost it (please give it three months to work-- it will however stay with you for a lifetime so don't stress):

4. EAT: Seafood!!! Best thing for you! Fish, lobster, seaweed, sea salt, capers, anything from and around the sea is excellent for metabolic boosts because of the iodine it contains-- which will affect your thyroid making you more energized, less constipated, warmer, and burning calories like crazy! For more muscle mass and to qualm cravings have one protein shake a day -- at any time! Also increase your intake of olive oil, fat free plain yogurt, citrus fruit, green, black and white tea, NUTS, any veggies that are green (except broccoli apparently it slows down the thyroid), veggies that come from the ground: potatoes, carrots, beets etc., fresh fruit, dark chocolate... THESE foods will HELP you lose weight for the REST of your life and make you beautiful and healthy! Remember if you want to suppress your appetite-- eat low fat soup, drink lots of water, coffee or tea. Try to LIMIT (not cut out) red meat, soy (again, slows down the thyroid), deep fried food, junk food, fast food, too much pasta and bread.

5. EXERCISE!! Especially muscle toning: muscles require more maintenance meaning you constantly burn calories even when not working out! So lift things, take yoga, clean your house more, walk instead of drive...etc

6. LOVE AND DREAM: this sounds cheesy but many of us take in more food and burn it less because our bodies need the seratonin. There are two other major sources of seratonin (your happy brain chemical): love and sleep. If you get enough sleep-- you get less hungry, it's a fact! Plus you have more energy cause you are recharged! If you surround yourself with love and laughter, you will seek less comfort in food and will also be burning more... So spend time with your favorite family members/friends, learn to masterbate (you're too young for sex, but you can start exploring your own body, this will also help your hormonal development), get a pet (a dog preferably -- it's not just love that will overwhelm you but you can also stay active playing with it and taking it for daily walks!) find a project or cause you love-- it will take your mind off eating!!!

7. KEEP BUSY!!! Get a job, a hobby, visit friends and do non-food, non-couch related stuff like go shopping, do each others hair, make-up and karaoke dressed like super stars (I dunno, I'm not 14 anymore/..) volunteer at a Senior Citizens home, take up swimming, Learn how to COOK (yep-- it is proven to make you eat less!!!) and can help you make delicious recipes full of healthy ingredients!, write, jog, play with young kids-- whatever makes you happy and keeps you from being bored (which is probably the #1 REASON for weight gain). Remember not to let yourself get lazy or depressed!!!

MOst IMPORTANT this is all about having FUN!!! Don't EVEN think about the weight loss-- it will come OFF on its own... whatever you do don't obsess and remember easy go, easy come back: the faster you lose it, the faster it comes right back. If you lose 2 lbs a week, in two months, you will have lost 16 lbs!!! That weight will stay off forever, christmas, thanksgiving, buffet, whatever: you will not gain it back!!!

However: if you lose 16 lbs in 2 weeks because you starved, used laxies, went too far with exercise or did a crash diet like Atkins or something: that weight will come back in two Christams dinner sittings !!! I guarantee it! You will literally HEAR your self getting fat while eating... then you will look in the mirror and morph and go try to poop it out or puke or take drugs and meds that make you psycho, you will get anti social and ashamed, you will hate yourself for no good reason!-- don't do it!

Hope this all helped-- I suffered for 2 years looking like a freak and crapping all the time.. I would NEVER want to go back or wish it on anyone... it made me feel constantly unsexy and unhappy.

Good luck!

LIZ_13 wrote:

Guest wrote:

PLZ HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

does adderall help u loose weight?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :(

to the two of you... if you are 14 you dont need to loose weight in a week!get off your butt, do activities, and eat healthy! you are very young and have a very healthy metabolism. stop drinking soda because that will expand your stomach and cause weight gain.

and for the girl wanting to take adderall... if you are not ADD do not take the medication because that would be illegal. adderall is speed! which speeds up your heart and makes you energized and such which is bad for you and could cause long term problems! do not take the meds and follow the advise i gave to the other girl