Can you tell me more about anorexia? I may have reason to doubt that my friend is using laxatives in order to get rid of the food she has eaten and I have also noticed a slight change in her behaviour. She has been on and on about her overweight when she actually is not at all. How do anorexic person exhibit their disorder? Thx

My daughter suffers from anorexia , so I may be able to help you a little bit. They try to maintain strict control over food intake. You may even think they are eating normally but what do they do? They pretend to eat normally but would then use laxatives to attempt to rid their body of food, which is actually dangerous and useless in producing weight loss results. They even put their fingers in throats to vomit what they have eaten. Often they make excuses to avoid eating, will often hide food they claim to have eaten. If this is a case with your friend, you need to inform her parents and try to find good counseling. Be supportive!