I hope someone will be able to help me, or at least suggest what this might be. I was supposed to have my period almost a month ago, but instead it came as just some brown spotting. I tried to use a tampon to see if there was more bleeding, but there was only minimal and it lasted 1-2 days. I thought this might be implantation bleeding, and I took two pregnancy tests that both came out negative. It has been 3 weeks since then and today I experienced more spotting and again used a tampon and found some bleeding, but very minimal. I have also experienced very loose stools for 2-3 weeks. I just moved away to school a week ago and I have experienced loss of appetite as well. This may just be stress and homesickness but I am not sure. For the last 2 years I have also had on and off severe cramps in my abdomen. They range from short and sharp, to where they are so bad that I cannot move or walk and lasts for over an hour. I have not experienced these for a long time, but I did have an ultrasound of my ovaries and uterus this year for this, and nothing was found by my doctor. I have also noticed for the last half a year that I tend to get a lot of bruises and I do not know where they come from. I seem to find them very often and it worries me that I may have a problem with my blood or immune system as well.
I would really like to know if anyone has any suggestions or maybe certain things I can mention to my doctor that I want tested for. There are many colon and bowel problems in my family so I am thinking it might have to do with that. Thanks for reading :-)

i have been having the same problem for almost 6 months now. if anyone knows why. please reply to this. i thought i was the only one and that it would just go away with time, but it hasnt..

Don't wanna scare u but thoes can be symtomes of AIDS.

That post about AIDS freaked me out, -could you not have said see your doctor asap...!!!!!
Anyway just to let you know - nearly all those symtoms can be easily explained - and then again it could be more serious so you should really see a doctor.
Mostly looks like stress related to me (not a doctor) but I had all those symtoms a long time ago and it turned out to be IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)- all linked into the colon which sounds like family history. Cramping pains - I thought at one stage I had appendicitious (spelt wrong I think sorry) - If I had more than two drinks I thought I would collapse with the pain.
IBS is mostly brought on by stress - includes diarrhorea\then can turn into constipation. - bloated belly area cramps - can be so severe sometime that to pass a motion you could have nausea and sweating and feel like collapsing. Try drinking water - and make sure you get some fibre into you .
Loss of appetite- stress. And your periods are affected by stress too!!
IBS can be helped but you do need to see a doc to see if this is it.

On the other hand it could be lots of othe more serious ones.
Not to freak you out but if you thought you were pregnant do you think there could be a chance you have become pregnant in your ovaries? (cant remember technical term) but this is really serious and needs an operation - can be fatal. And its a lot more common than people think.
The fact that you have spotting at all to me would suggest you dont.
But if you dont have enough water and food in your system plus stress you wont have a proper period anyway...

I'm sure its not but just go to your doctor!!!
Hope you get better soon!!!
:-)

don't want to freak anyone out but I went to the gyno for abnormal period and am experiencing all your symptoms and she sent me in for coeliac blood tests...apparently bruising abnormal period and IBS are all coeliac symptoms...might want to get htat checked out!! good luck xxx

hi- i have all those symptoms and i was recently checked for all stds, ect for an unrelated prb and all tests came back negative- so you prb dont have aids- however i dont understand why random brusing would appear from stress although i woud like it to be that simple- if there are any other explainations i would like to know- thanks

k whoever said AIDS is an id**t. if u think its funny to come on here and scare ppl who are seeking proper advice then ur an id**t.

I have also had the same symptoms and I have a doc appt set up to find out what exactly is going on.

My sister is a nurse and told me that this all could be caused by either stress or not eating properly.

unexplained bruising is caused from either blood disorders or lack of vitamins.

although sharp pains in the abdomen are sometimes linked to STD's it could also be UTI (urinary tract infection).

Go see a doctor and tell them u want blood work done as well as a pap smear and whatever else is necessary.

first, sorry my english writing is really bad. i still hope that i can help u a bit.
ur problem is not unusual for young women, especially when ur life habits change all the sudden. changes in ur eating habits as well living under different circumstances can cause a lot of those things u mentioned. brusing can be caused by thin blood and its nothing to worry about. the abdominal pain etc. could be just a stress factor. sometimes ur subconsious mind has to deal with a lot of things ur not aware of. so dont worry try to get good food, take some vitamins and go to yoga classes and things will change u will c. if not give urself an other 2 month than go to the doc and let u check out. since u go to school i guess u dont live at home nomore, be careful and watch ur diet... u mentioned loss of appetite as well, u know that if u dont get enough minerals and vitamins ur body can get really irritated. loss of a regular period can follow as well... you know on your own what the case is just be honest with urself sit down and try to find a way for a healthier living! good luck and feel better

Get checked for endometriosis. Could explain all symptoms, even the bruising. FYI, I am not a Dr.

I am not a doctor either. Have you ever been tested for PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome)? That can cause alot of abdominal pain. As far as the bruising that sounds like anemia. Anemia can cause unexplained bruising my mother went through that when she got cancer it is completely treatable. But if you have a history of bowl problems in your family see your doctor immediately. My mother had to have 80% of her intestines removed due to bowl problems she ignored. Your body is telling you something is wrong do not ignore. You know your body better than anyone! The best advice anyone could give you is GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!! Good luck.

i have had similar symptoms but i also have had an odd odorless discharge from my vagina, i went to three different doctors a total of 5 times in the past two weeks, finally i discovered that it is caused by ghonnorrhea and clamydia (sorry about the spelling) i also went in yesterday for more testing,when they drew blood i obtained a GIANT bruise, i really hope it isnt anything serious. please go to the doctor, get urine and blood tests both, not just the blood.

I experienced the same things my first semester in college...It usually occurs because your experiencing a lot of stress and because your not use to living in this kind of environment...Just be careful because I ended up battling with depression and it made my symptoms a lot worse...once I got use to the new environment and developed close relationships with my new friends I came out of depression and all of my symptoms went away...Just give it time you'll get adjusted to things

definitely your problem could be endometreosis, which causes heavy periods, irregular periods, very bad menstrual cramps. I have this along with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Sydrome). The PCOS has to do with cysts on your ovaries and it affects your ovulation. These 2 diseases have caused me a lot of difficulty in getting pregnant. I also have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) that gives me constipation, bloating, gas, sharp stabbing pains in lower abdomen and lower back. I know it sounds like a lot, but a lot of these diseases are very common. Dr.'s are not sure what causes IBS & Endometriosis. I had to have a Laparascopy outpatient procedure done in where they can look inside your uterus with a small camera and see what you have. That's how they diagnosed me, they even lazered out some of the endometrial tissue that was implanted in wrong places, which is what gives you the cramps and pain. I was able to get pregnant 3 months after this. I think eating habits, exercise, relaxation, try to manage stress or alleviate some stress, help all of these things. Stress can really break down your body and cause other health problems, so simply just take care of yourself and take charge of your health.

i have been having the same problems and was told by my doctor to change up my eating habits and if that didnt help we would run some blood test but when I suggested the "aids" thing he laughed and said i would have had a tremdous amount of wieghtloss and that i dont!! Its really not funny to come on here and talk smack! !

I have the loss of appetite for three months now and am losing weight at a rate that makes me sick and nauseated a lot I havent had a real period because of the BC i am on but i quit it recently after a big move and now my periods are very irregualr and i have unexplained bruising that i cannot figure out but my bruises appear over night and don't go away for months