My wife just had her gallbladder removed about 4 days ago. She developed a hematoma and black and blue brusing along the right side under one of the incision points.  Two days after getting discharged another hematoma type bruise appeared right above her pubic area and today we noticed black and blue brusing on her vagina lips and around her anus, is this normal? Has anyone gone through this? I'm thinking I should take her back in to have it checked out.

I too have this issue right now.  The doctor could not explain it all today.  Did you get an answer as to what is causing this?

Doctor stated that it was because of the hematoma on her right side dropping (blood) some due to gravity when she was up and walking/sitting, etc. It is going away just like the one on her right side, but has been a bit uncomfortable for her. She was using Prep-H for a few days, but seems to be okay now.