I often get a sudden sharp pain usually on my hands but once on my wrist followed by painful bruising which might last an hour or a couple of days I don't have to bang my hand for this to happen I have asked Doctor who did blood tests but no answer given

Did you ever get any answers about this?  I ask because it's happening to me as well.  Three times in the last week, only on my middle finger, at the halfway knuckle on the palm side. The pain is intense!  Then a bruise forms, and lasts anywhere from 15 mins to a couple of days... I'm starting to get concerned.

Ever get an answer to your concerns?

I have found taking lots of natural vitamin C, not ascorbic acid, at least two grams for a few days then a gram daily, along with vitamin K2 will prevent bruises forming on the fingers. My feeling is the problem has something to do with arthritis as well as the need for certain extra nutrients.