Hi, folks. My daddy would like to buy me a dog. I was thinking of taking a smaller one. I don’t like big dogs. Someone suggested me beagles. I think this is an interesting choice. What is the life expectancy of this type of dogs? Can anyone answer me this? I would appreciate your replies.

Hi there! My favorite dog breed is lhasa apso, I love them! Have you heard about lhasa apso? But English beagle is cute too! The aging profile of dogs varies according to their adult size (often determined by their breed): smaller dogs often live over 15–16 years, medium and large size dogs typically 10 to 13 years, and some giant dog breeds such as mastiffs, often only 7 to 8 years. The latter also mature slightly older than smaller breeds - giant breeds becoming adult around two years old compared to the norm of around 12–15 months for other breeds. I found that the life expectancy for beagle is about 12-15, so it's quite long. I hope this will be helpful. Good luck with your beagle!