Hello everyone.

I am a new pet owner.

It was my birthday party three days ago, and one little girl from my neighborhood gave me a dog.

She found that dog on the street, I don’t have an idea what breed he is.

He is cute, by the way.

I have a yard, so I guess that this little girl was thinking that I can take good care about him.

OK, I took him to the vet, he is parasites clean now.

But, vet told me that he has chronic renal failure.

What is life expectancy for chronic renal failure for dogs?

Hello. Chronic renal failure in dogs is really common disease. It can happen to all dogs, of any kind, any breed, and any age. It doesn’t matter is your dog male or female. Like I said, it can happen to everyone. Well, about some prognosis, it is really hard to tell. The prognosis is quite variable, and it depends on the stage of the disease, of the stage of treatment, and of course, your ability to perform follow up care. Since you didn’t tell us more about this situation, I can’t tell you some prognosis. But, generally, many dogs with chronic renal failure will have good and quality life, for up to 4 or 5 years.

Hey there.

No one can tell you for sure… I can’t even tell you.

But, like Dog Whisperer told you, a dog with chronic renal failure can live long life, approximately 3 to 4 years, I think.

I remember when my friend Sam had a dog that was diagnosed with chronic renal failure, with proper therapy, he lived very long. I don’t know for how many years, but I remember that he died when he was 11 years old.

So, I think that you should not be worried at all, because you can treat your dog right and expect to live nice :)

Good luck!

Hey darling.

First, I would like to give you all my support, because it is really important for you to know that you are not the only one who are dealing with chronic renal failure in dogs. I really hope that I won’t have experience with ti, because I am pretty much weak, and I can’t fight with bigger problems.

But, my friend Lovely has a dog and he has chronic failure in dogs. She didn’t give up, she is taking a good care of him, she is making a food for her dog.

He was diagnosed with chronic renal failure like five years ago – and he is still with us :)

Hey there.

When I was a kid, I had a dog, mixed breed dog. He was small, usually very sick, because my mom didn’t allowed me to bring him in the house.

She never liked animals in house – today, she is telling me that pets are for yards :)

I was a kid, but tnx God, my uncle was a vet, and he did take care about my dog.

He saw some changes in his behavior, and after he did some tests, he told me that he has renal failure.

I don’t know is this because of this disease, but my dog died three months after he was diagnosed with this disease.