Hey everyone. My good friend Charlie is having problem with his dog. He has Rafeiro do alentejo (I think that it is very rare breed – maybe I am wrong, but I haven’t seen a lot of them)

Today he called me to ask me for advice, for help. I don’t know. He told me that his dog was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. But his vet told him that it is diagnosed early and that everything can be ok.

He wants me to help him but I don’t know what to tell him.

Here is the question – what is the life expectancy if hip dysplasia was diagnosed early?

Good day.

If this disease was diagnosed early with all those medications your dog can live nice and happy life. For a long time. But your vet needs to find the best treatment for him.

But it also doesn’t have to be that easy :/ This treatment and procedure. Usually there are several surgical procedures that are available to treat hip dysplasia and this depends on your dog’s age, body size, etc.

Medical treatment of this is improved and it considers some drugs. The majority of dogs with this disease can lead full and active lives if this disease is diagnosed early and if this treatment is proper.

Hello everyone :)

Here I am again :) I am sorry because I don’t spend a lot of time in here, but I have some ugly situation at my job :) Don’t worry, I am thinking about you all the time :)

I have good news for you my darling.

My aunt’s dog was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. The vet told her that she is lucky because he found out on the time – after 10 to 15 days. I don’t know how he knows this lol, but I trust him.

That was 6 years ago and my aunt’s dog is still alive and pretty much good lucking.

I would say that this depends from case to case.

Hey there everyone.

I know that you have heard this like a thousand of times but it depends on your dog's breed, his age and health in the past. And his current health, of course.

My mom’s dog was 4 years old when they found out that he has hip dysplasia. According to the vets (and she went to see a lot of them), this disease was diagnosed pretty early.

They started with the treatment immediately.

Her dog is 9 years old now and he looks so fine and healthy :)

That is why I am telling you that this depends. With proper treatment and early diagnosis I am convinced that your dog can live long and prosper :)

I don’t know what to tell you about this case. My sister’s dog is diagnosed with hip dysplasia but he was diagnosed a little bit late. That was two years ago but her dog is really fine now :) So far no problems and I think that he is going to live longer than any other our pets :)

I think that this is nothing so serious and that you can heal it very successfully. There are so many medications and treatment that can help you with your dog.

If your dog is smaller breed treatment will be much easier.