Hi, my friend has lymphoma. It is some serious malignant disease but I don’t know really what it is? Is it some immunity system disease? Because I believe that lymphoma is connected to lymph system.

Lymphoma is a broad term for different types of cancers of the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is consisted of lymphatic vessels and nodes, and lymph fluid which is circulating in the body like blood. It plays an important role in body’s immune function. Malignant cells have ability to multiply uncontrollably, if these malignant cells occur in lymph system the condition is called lymphoma. There are many types of lymphoma depending on that, which type of cells is affected. Hodgkin's Disease (characterized by the growth of Reed-Sternberg cells in the cancer) and the Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas are most often present in patients.