I've got WS and I'm 29 I'm hoping I will have a good life and live to see 80, do you think it might happy with some people

It's all BS,they must not
know any Williams syndrome children. I would never trade my daughter for a normal child, she is smarter more clever, knows more about music than 99% of people. And what is normal any way.most are very witty sense of humor, I know there are variations of degrees of Williams syndrome, well why don't you get to know WC kid. See if they don't touch your heart.

Hope you do well! Mother of 44 year old daughter.

My sister was diagnosed later in her life with WS,she is now living in a nursing home. The struggle is mostly anxiety , thankfully her overfriendliness is helping her adjust. It is difficult to have her there, she was able to do for herself most of the time at home until about 2 years ago became very ill, was hospitalized then while in ICU,had a stroke. My Mother had been her caregiver but with her limited use of 1 side, she could no longer.
It would be nice to hear of more situations of no longer being able to live at home and the knowledge of the facilities in dealing with the anxiety, fear and care.

I totally agree with you. I have a 5 year old niece who has this syndrome. She is jewel and I wouldn't change absolutely anything about her. She is perfect and she is beautiful. That was very harsh for an individual to make such a statement.

Hi jude
Thanks for the post. It madr me happy

excuse me... what gives u the right to say IM SORRY UR NEIGHBOR IS HAVING BAD LUCK TO GIVE BIRTHT TO A WILLIAMW SYNDROME?? POOR CHIOCE OF WORDS THERE. IT SOMETHING THAT JUST FN HAPPENS LIKE 1 OUT OF 20,000 TO 30,000.. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WILLAMS SYNDROWE. YEA SURE THERE R SO,E HEALTH PROBLEMS BUT U DEAL WITH THAT. OTHER THENTHAT THEY ARE THE MOST COMAPSSIONTE PPL I KNOW WHO HAVE THE BIGGEST HEART IN THE WORLD... THEIR FULL OF LIFE AND BRIGHTEN UP ANY ROOM THRY WALK IN... OH BTW I HAVE A DAUGHTER WITH WILLIAMS. I COULDNT PICTURE MY LIFE WITHOUT HER. 23 AND WHEN I WALK IN THE DOOR AFTER WORK SHE ALWAYS ACTS LIKE SHE HASNT SEEN ME IN WEEKS,BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD. THEIR THE MOST SELFLESS PPL I KNOW. THERE SHOULD B MORE PPL LIKE THEM OR WE ALL NEED TO TAKE LESSONS!! SIGNED PIST OF MOM IN WASHINGTON