light brown mucus comming from anus.

That is a symptom of Irritable bowel disease, colitis, or even crohns disease.

I have Crohns disease.

ALL of these illnesses are inflammation of the colon, which in turn causes mucous in your stool.

Definately have it looked at by a doc, there are meds to help you feel better. I assume you may have some stomach upset or other issues..

I am having slight discharge of mucus from the anus. What can cause this?

Hallo,
Your bowel movement always contains mucus. This mucus helps your body and your intestines to be precise, to have easier bowel movements. However if you have too much of this mucus in your bowel movement it means that you most likely have some kind of infection in your intestines. Mucus membrane is responsible for production of the mucus and it is located on the inner wall of your intestines. Any kind of infection can cause your mucus membrane to produce more mucus. Have you noticed any blood in the stool? This sounds to me like you have ulcer in your intestine but this should really be tested in the hospital to be sure.
I hope this eased your mind a bit.

The last couple years ,I too sometimes have brown mucus leak on it's own. I wondered if it is related to having a recocele resulting from birthing a 10+ lb baby. I am now 56 ( & active. )

i have light brown mucus coming from bottom and im very worried what can it be i phoned the emergcy doctor 111 this morning thay sent me to the St pancras bloombury to see the nurse she looked and me took my blood preesura and all that and she also excamied my belly she said it is tender and hard so she has refured me to the hospital witha letter

i also have a discomfort aswell i feel sick i want top be sick but cant if it irratable bowl or colitis what med can i gert for it im soooooooo sceared

My bowel movement as brown like mucus and a little dark bloodmi have just got over very bad bowel movement

I have been checked recently for chrohns and ulcerative colitis when I had a colonoscopy as I have mosaic turners syndrome and I do have irritable bowel disease I thought it may have had something to do with gluten