I am going normally to the toilet every morning. But lately (in the past week) I noticed increased amount of mucus in my stool. Is this a normal thing or does mucus in your stool represent a bigger problem?
Thanks for reply!

Stool normally contains small amounts of mucus. Mucus in your stool may be a problem: what is color of mucus and is there any blood in stool. Are there any other symptoms? If amount of mucus is increased, that might be a symptom of variety of causes: irritable bowel syndrome or ulcerative colitis. Cause for mucus in your stool might be bacterial infection or anal fissure. I think you should see your doctor.

Hallo,
You have to know that stool always contains mucus but in fair amounts. What you are noticing is not normal and it means that mucus membrane is under some kind of infection. There are several reasons what could be causing your problem but most often one is irritable bowel syndrome. Do you know anything about IBS? The mucus actually protects the inner lining of your intestines and it makes your bowel movements much easier. Ulcerative colitis is also another cause of mucus in the stool. The thing is that this causes ulcers to appear on your inner intestine wall. When they get inflamed your amount of mucus will get bigger and there for you have much more mucus in your stool than usual.