I'm a 22 year old male. For the past 3 months or so I've had a variety of bowel symptoms such as occasionally passing blood streaked mucus clots. The mucus and blood isn't mixed with the stool but floats besides it or is on the toilet paper. I've also had increased urgency of bowel movements even when there is very little stool to be passed and sometimes it feel like I always have to go. I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy test done and they only found hemerhoids. I'm sure this pretty serious.

for future users this is linked to ulcers due to ulcerative colitis, crohns or circumstantial diet.

Same thing happened to me in 2010, and hasnt really gone away for 2 years. get yourself checked out and if it is a larger problem -get put on immuno suppressants asap. Dont waste your time with prednisone or asacol... a year and a half of that sh*t and 30 lbs my doctors were not trying to heal me but make me pay through the nose to have a "bearable" life.

Good day. When I had problems with mucus in stool I went to see my doctor immediately. A lot of people call that hypochondria, but I would not agree with it. I am just concerned for my health and that is it.

Anyway, it is important to tell you doctor about this because you should have taken a colonoscopy test. It can be ibs but blood with stool should be properly investigated. Also, you should tell him to do a stool test for you. 

I mean, he knows that but he should definitely know that you do know what you can deal with.