Hi. I`m 29 yo male. I`ve never smoked – sometimes I drink. My work is physically hard and after work I had slightly elevated bilirubin. Anyway, I did some tests, and my blood test is not normal (protein 8.4 and albumin 5.1). Every time when I work hard, I elevate bilirubin. I feel just fine, but not so sure that I am. Anybody with some experience on this matter?

Hi. This slightly elevated bilirubin and your abnormal blood test could point on your liver. I have had a gilbert`s disease for years and maybe it`s your problem too. Gilbert`s disease occurs in some 5% of population and the characteristic of that disease is an isolated increase in bilirubin. Gilbert`s disease doesn`t progress. Also, it is not linked with other liver conditions. I`ve also had slightly elevated bilirubin. This condition can have many causes.