Hi. I suffer from lung cancer. My doctor said it is necessary to remove two lobes of my lung. It is so called lobectomy. I would like to hear from somebody with experience what can I expect when I arrive to the hospital? What are possible complications from lobectomy?

Hi. I had lobectomy. I was in a hospital for 8 days after surgery. Complications from lobectomy include internal bleeding, infection and forming of blood clots. However, without lobectomy, your cancer will certainly spread. When I got to the hospital they checked my vital signs first, such as temperature, blood pressure and respirations. They checked my heart and lungs too. I took the blood test and chest x-ray. They placed a tube in my vein and five sticky pads on different parts of my body (heart monitor). They also inserted a variety of tubes in my blood vessels. I was filled with tubes. Lobectomy lasts 3 to 4 hours.

hi. i am physical educator in IRAN .surger removed 2 lobes of my right lung 2.5 years ago.(bilobectomy).doctor did 2 surgrical operations.i had a tumor in brounch of middle lobe but doctor did bilobectomy.now i am better .but i offer dont hard activity and getting nervous is harmful for you.and it is better for you change your lifestyle.i hope health for you.