hi there i am 51 years old and i am going to have my lung remove becouse i have a metal in side me that go left from my old op in 20010 so i need more info about it for my age it as its new to me i heard from some ppl that i could die is that true i am looking forword to hearing from u guys thanxs julie

Hi Julie,

Any operation has risks.  Lung removal, or the lobes of the lung, are commonly removed in lung cancer cases.  You may experience shortness of breath after surgery but the lungs and body do tend to adapt.

If you're in good health the benefits outweigh the risks.

Ask your doctor to explain this and not well meaning people that often look at only the worst case scenario.

Good luck.

thanx u medic but i had my spilen removed in 20010 thats what sceads me the most thanxs jullie

Make sure that your surgeons are well aware of that fact. They will likely have more blood on hand, just in case, and they will watch very closely for infection afterwards.

Good luck.