I know that an endocrinologist is a specially trained doctor. One friend of mine is recommended o visit our local endocrinologist, so I want to hear more about this. He told me they know how to treat conditions, which are often complex and involve many systems and structures within your body. His doctor refers him to an endocrinologist because he has a problem with his endocrine system. I want to know more about endocrinologist, could he help my friend with diabetes, for example.

An endocrinologist is able to diagnose diseases that affect patient’s glands. They are also trained to recognize and treat hormone problems. It should be done by helping to restore the natural balance of hormones in patients system. Endocrinologists also conduct basic research to learn more about secrets of glands. Clinical research helps them learn the best ways to treat their patients and solve their problems. Endocrinologists develop new drugs and treatments for hormone problems and they take care of many conditions. There are included diabetes, thyroid diseases, metabolism, hormonal imbalances, menopause, osteoporosis and cancers of the glands. Endocrine diseases and disorders can be grouped into several different areas, so some endocrinologists focus on one or two areas. For example, one endocrinologist could locate to diabetes, pediatric disorders, thyroid, or reproductive and menstrual disorders. Others work and are located in all areas of endocrinology and are not especially located to one area. Endocrinologists treat diabetes with diet and medications, including insulin, and this is the only way doctor could help. They also work closely with patients to control blood sugar and monitor them so they can prevent health problems common with diabetes.