I have started to have certain problems that may be related to miss function of thyroid gland. I’m not sure that it is that serious, but I have started to sweat more than usually, am tired always, I lost on weight although have not lost my appetite. Do I have to visit endocronologists or what exams can I do to check this? What lab test can be done to show missfunction of thyroid gland? And how would endocronologists make the diagnosis?

You can check tsh, t3 and t4 levels in blood, that has to be done to show the function of thyroid gland. Endocrinologist is specialist for diseases of endocrine glands, and in miss function of thyroid gland, sometimes hypophysis is included. Hypophysis secrets hormone that stimulates thyroid gland to work, that is thyreo- stimulating hormone, tsh. Your symptoms sounds like common in hyper function of thyroid gland, but sometimes it can be misdiagnosed and only levels of these hormones in blood can show its real function.