Hi. I'm 38 years old and I have some problems with my skin.
I have never suffered from spots or acnes as a teenager, but now I find my neck, back, side of face and chin breaking out in spots.
I don’t know what to do. You might find this funny but I have borrowed some crème from my son that he used for these problems but they didn’t help me at all. I am a bit frightened because I have heard that adult acnes could be provoked with some endocrine and hormone disorder.
Any ideas what this might be?

I understand your worries about this problem and I know that acne is often thought of as a teenage problem, but, as you see, I can happen to older people. You have nothing tro be worried because this is very common problem.
You were right; it is often caused by some hormone peak-testosterone in most cases. You see, it is thought to be triggered by an abnormal sebaceous glands response to the testosterone.
What you need to do is next- stop with treatment and after day or to contact your endocrinologist. Correction of these abnormal hormonal imbalances often improves symptoms. If you don’t have problems with hormones then much can be done, however, to treat acne for example with Vitamin A Derivatives because these retinoid medications prevent skin cells from clumping.