Hello. I'm 22 year old female and I'm pretty worried for my mother. For past six months she had some problems with hormones and especially with thyroid hormone.
She has never been to a doctor over this and that’s why I worry about her health. I also don’t know a lot about these disorders but I have noticed that lately she gained a lot of weight and her neck also looks different, like it’s bigger. She didn’t visit any doctor over this because she doesn’t believe in doctors. All her life and she has never been to any doctor, can you believe this? I know that I must take her to some endocrinologist but don’t know what to tell her about it. Please help me providing me some information about these endocrinologists.

OK, I will try to tell you some facts about endocrinologists because it is crucial for you to take her to one.
Tell her that endocrinologists are specially trained doctors which diagnose diseases that affect your glands. What is the most important thing about them- endocrinologists are trained for several years to recognize and treat hormone problems by helping to restore the natural balance of hormones in your system.
There are many conditions in your body that are being caused by some hormonal imbalance such as diabetes, thyroid diseases, metabolism, hormonal imbalances, menopause, osteoporosis, hypertension and many others. If you want to know more about their education- endocrinologists finish four years of medical school and then spend three or four years in an internship and residency program, after which they spend two or three more years learning how to diagnose and treat hormone conditions.