Hey I'm 15, 5'7, 187lbs and have been really trying to find the best, most efficient ways to burn not only the rest of the fat in my stomach, but also how to rid myself of these damn love handles. So far I've been trying to drink more water and burn at least 500 calories on the elliptical. are there any other tips or ideas that can help me lose these things!!??

Hey bud, 

I congratulate you on attempting to make a lifestyle change to get rid of the excess fat. You have a great start so far. In order to ensure success (or quicker success) there are a couple of additional activities I would do/change. Make sure that you aren't eating more or unhealthier because you are now working out. Don't think, "I deserve an ice cream because I burned 650 calories today." That will make you get even fatter. Instead, replace some of the things in your diet that you know are bad with better alternatives. Replace chips with celery and small amount of peanut butter or baby carrots. 

Think of it this way: If you normally eat 400 calories of snacks every day but replace them with 50 calories of carrots (that is a lot of carrots by the way) it would be like you burned an extra 350 calories on the treadmill without any additional work. 

Now onto the workouts: finish your normal workouts with a couple of sprints. Sprints have been shown to increase the metabolism and burn more fat than plateau workouts. Make these small changes and you should see some forward progress quicker. 

At your age it's easy to lose weight, so do't worry..Along with the elliptical,do some weights also under the guidance of a proper instructor..To cut down more on calories have more of salads and fruits,as they give a feeling of fullness and lesser calories..Wish you luck..

you should aim at improving your metabolism by increasing your general activity level through the day in addition to the exercises you're doing. your body will take time to adjust to the new routine so you're bound to have hunger pangs..keep healthy snacks like carrot sticks ready, have lots of water and just say no to high calorie foods for sometime. keeping yourself motivated is really important.