Hi, I have a question. I am a young girl and i feel like I'm getting belly fat. I ALWAYS eat healthy, (Fruits, Vegtables) I have been working out obsessively, doing crunches, planks, belly vacums and a little bit of leg raises, But I havent been losing my belly fat. (that is all im trying to lose) I have been doing this for about a week and a half, but i havent even lost any fat! It seems like im getting fatter in the abdominal area! please help me!

if you do to much of working out ur body gets use to it and does not burn fat cut back lower amounts then usual

just because you do crunches does not mean you wiill loose belly fat. really every one is born with a 6 pack you just cant see it sometimes because of a thick layer of fat. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

What you can do that I've heard does help is go out running or jogging. This happens to allow you to work out every single muscle in the body so I've heard of and while you sweat you'll lose that belly fat. Good luck! Hope I helped somewhat at least. :)

Doing ab exercises won't get rid of fat around your belly area.  It may tone the area, and you will burn fat, but any exercise usually burns off fat in the last place you gained it.  It also depends on your body type.  You may have an "apple" body type where your store fat primarily around your middle.  Make sure you're working your body all over.  If you want to burn fat, make sure you do cardio.  Run, dance, kick box, bike, swim, walk, or whatever, you just have to make sure you're burning more calories than you take in.  Never ever eat less than 1200 calories in a day, always eat breakfast, drink 8 glasses of water a day, get plenty of sleep, eat a well-balanced diet, and de-stress.  Keep a food journal, and calculate how many calories you're consuming.  Make sure you're doing it in a healthy way proportionate to your weight.  If you eat too few calories, your body will go into starvation mode and just hang on to the weight.  One exercise that many people overlook when doing ab work outs is your oblique muscles.  Work these to tighten your tummy.  Also, crunches only work one area, usually your upper abs.  Do pilates to get the long, lean stomach muscles.  I did pilates when I was in soccer and it not only tightened my core, but it also helped me run further.  I hope this helps somewhat.  Good luck, and be careful- don't overdo it.

As a health professional I can share that it is not going to happen over night, nor in one week. it takes time for the results to show and healthy weight loss or fat loss is a symptom of health eating, regular high intensity exercise, including resistance training and cardiovascular exercise. The body will begin to adjust to the style of training and it is important to change the training techniques regularly. Don't let your body know whats coming so that psychologically it will have to activate new areas of muscles.

Depending on your age and by the sounds of it you are a teenager or younger, if your body has not finished developing as an adult it is important to avoid excess weight training. HOWEVER.. this does not mean avoid resistance training, simply use your own body as a resistance leaver and allow it to challenge you. exercises like wall sits, bodyweight squats, push ups and yes the plank and sit ups.

Nutrition is very important as is exercise and as well as these important issues is the mind. Psychologically, positive attitudes and approaches are so beneficial. The mind has a plethora of chemical reactions that affect the body...so in simple terms..stay positive and maintain your goal, be educated and supported. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***