How can you get lost on a college campus ? How do you go off the path in broad daylight ? Lost jogger spends four days in swamp A jogger who took a wrong turn during a lunch-time run in Florida ended up stuck in a swamp for four days. Volunteers searching for Eddie Meadows, 62, eventually found him 'stuck like glue' in a bog, reports The Times. Mr Meadows calmly asked his rescuers: "Do you have a phone? I want to call my wife." He also asked for water and chocolate, before insisting that he should finish his run, jogging a short distance before he was helped to a waiting ambulance. Police in Orlando said Mr Meadows had survived by sipping water from the swamp and avoided sun exposure because he was under a shady tree canopy. Mr Meadows is in training for the Baltimore Marathon and leaves his desk at the University of Central Florida's research park every lunchtime to jog around the campus. His wife, Ardis, and two grown-up sons appeared on TV to plead for help in finding him and 50 volunteers scoured the area. Finally, Ron Eaglin was combing woodland on a remote corner of the university campus when he heard noises.

What did he survive on for 4 days? 8O

eff the ambulance, i'm finishing my run. and gimme some chocolate.

i like him.

never mind...I skipped a line...

sipping swamp water for 4 days could have done him in for good!
microbes :hysteria:

I heard about this a few days ago. What an id**t. Not to mention the fact that he was close enough to hear people, but no one could hear him until someone went by on the trail.

kinda ironic that he's a researcher at the university...I guess years of education and learning does take a toll on the brain...

Get out while you still can Tim!

Run, Timmy, run! :h:

knowledge is irresistible! :h: