Allright, well to begin, I'm an 18 year old with an un-circumcised penis (never had sex before or anything like that). Retracting the foreskin when it is flaccid is not an issue at all, and I make sure to clean it every once in awhile (though not like anything disgusting is under there to begin with, I always think it's kind of bs when people say this happens, i've never had a problem with it). The issue however is that theres just a whole lot of foreskin. When my penis becomes erect, is grows from about 3-4 inces to 7-7.5 inches, which i guess is quite a bit. It also grows a good deal in girth, which was originally the problem. Although i could retract it when it wasn't erect, I wasn't able to retract it once i had an erection. So when i started masturbating, i did without retracting the foreskin, and this caused the foreskin to stretch and grow quite a bit. I have to admit it wasn't the worst thing in the world since i never had to use lubricant etc. Anyways though, my foreskin can cover my penis completely when its totally erect, and when it's not, all of that extra foreskin hangs from my penis, which isn't the greatest sight. Now, with a full erection, I can just barely retract the foreskin (with a little bit of pain), but it's pretty tight.

So, my questions. Do you think this is in anyway bad? Would there be anyway to get the foreskin back down to it's original size? How woud this effect sex? What kind of reaction should i expect from a girl (it being uncircumcised in america is bad enough)? Any other thoughts?

Hey dude im 14 and its like that with me too. i get really worried

You should be happy with what nature gave you.Over here in the USA, many guys are cut and so the girls are more accustomed to that BUT things are changing!
The newborn circumcision rate has dropped as more and more parents actually think about what they are doing to their son so in a few years the girls will be just as happy with an intact penis.
Hang in there!

There really isn't any way to "get it back to the way it was before", if I understand what you're asking.

It seems that it was loose, but you feel you masturbated with it unretracted, and now you think you have an excess that hangs over the end.

But, it's tight enough when you try to retract it that it isn't quite loose enough, right?

Well, count your blessings.

You've got enough extra that you could try gentle (GENTLE, I said) stretching to expand the foreskin and make retraction more easy when you are erect.

Well, that's GOOD! You must be doing something right if you've never had a smegma build up. All too many guys have no sense of hygene and don't do enough personal clean-up, and as a result, they now have a problem.

You ask if any of the situation you describe is BAD. Not from what you've told us.

You imply that being UNCUT in the USA is a bad thing. It's not. It's just not the norm in the population.

But then, who cares? Are you worried what the guys in the locker room will think of your uncut penis? Are you worried about what your girlfriend will say if the two of you get into bed? Are you worried about what the doctors think when they see you naked?

Just who are you trying to impress?

I haven't heard from any women that they think any less of an uncut man. It's how he treats them, how he uses what he's got, how he makes them feel that matters. Not whether he's had surgery as a baby.

Ask a doc if you want more reassurance!

Spiddles:

If you keep retracting your foreskin, it will widen a bit and get looser and the pain on retraction will go away.

If you keep your pants on, no one will see your foreskin hanging down.

Many guys would love to have what you have!

You are right. Stretching the foreskin can cause it to grow longer. It can also grow wider if you stretch the narrow part by pulling it back against the head while erect. As the head attempts to force its way through the narrow tip of your foreskin, that will stretch it and make it wider.

You are also correct that you don't have to use lube to masturbate when you have a foreskin. The lube in inside the foreskin and lets it slide up and down without friction. That is a blessing of the foreskin.

I know of no way to make a foreskin smaller except cutting it off. I doubt that you want to cut off all of those wonderful nerves.

The ancient Greeks thought that a long foreskin was a sign of male beauty. So just remember that some people think a long foreskin is quite handsome!

Here in America, fewer boys are circumcised every year, so there are lots of boys and men with intact foreskins around now. You are not alone.

When I was a little kid, I liked to pull on my foreskin. I think that made it longer because I have a rather long foreskin like what you describe. It is hard for me to see this as a problem because the foreskin is protective and when it is forward it is protecting.

When I have sex, my foreskin goes back and when I am finished it goes forward. I have no complaints. I don't see that being uncircumcised in America is bad. After all, the foreskin is where the nerves are. I would not want to be without those nerves.

I don't know where you live but in at least twelve states, the intact boys outnumber the circumcised boys.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision,

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

Foreskins only retract on erection if

1. the foreskin is shorter than the erect penis and
2. the foreskin is wide enough retract over the glans penis.

A full-length foreskin does not spontaneously retract on erection but may be retracted with one’s hand provided that the skin is loose enough to pass back over the head.

When a full-length foreskin is retracted, folds of skin form around the base of the penis. When the foreskin is released the folds may unfold and push the foreskin forward into its normal position to recover the head. Some guys with long foreskins cannot keep them retracted.

The part of a full-length foreskin that extends beyond the head is called the “overhang” or the akroposthion. A long tapering akroposthion was regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty.

The full-length foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis. Its extra-long length helps to keep the head moist, soft, and sensitive. A long foreskin has superior gliding action that helps in masturbation and intercourse.

All in all, a full-length foreskin is an extra blessing.

Omg, I'm 15, my father always told me to oull it back as a child, I did get it back past the head, but never told me I had to do it all the time. So at the rear of the head, my skin attached to it. I got it off today though!so anyway, when I was growing (as did my genitals) it became harder when I realised, I had to keep retracting the foreskin. It left small little stretch marks after a while, (on the end of the foreskin) and this became awkward when a girl gave me a ha****b (go me) and my foreskin would not pass the head, u was not pleased. (Not go me) so anyway, I kinda am worried but, it looks good from the research I have been doing. Thank you!

Aye I'm 16 and me too bro i get you

RE: A long tapering akroposthion was regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty.

Can you provide some kind of resource for this statement?

The ancient Greeks did consider it vulgar to expose the head of a penis in public, but I have never heard such a claim before. (other than many times on this web site)

Your other statements are correct, the foreskin keeps the head moist (more like wet and slimy)
It also keeps the head ultra sensitive (which is great, if you are into premature ejaculation)
As an added bonus that you left out, it also causes you to have a smaller head.

I consider you lucky. Personally, I think a long foreskin is absolutely gorgeous. I am not attracted to circumcised penises at all, so finding a guy in America with his foreskin intact is a real treat; and to have a long foreskin is just...wow. Trust me, there are plenty of us out there that see the beauty in what you have, so embrace it. You are perfect just the way you are; you are beautiful.

After you detach it, put some Vaseline on it to prevent it re-adhering.

You can do a hand-job without retracting one's foreskin.

That is a nice problem to have!

Try retracting your foreskin several times every day to get the tightness to relieve. 

You want it to glide smoothly back and forth without pain and without hanging up.

Yes, here is a reference on the ancient Greeks:

http://acroposthion.com/ancient-greeks-and-the-foreskin/