Hey. I can pull my foreskin back over the head of my penis easily enough and it will stay there, but when I am erect the skin does not go back, it stays covering the penis head (i can pull it back manually). I am 17, and I hope I am growing still, but I was wondering if I would still gain some length down there and eventually will the foreskin retract to reveal the head when erect. My original problem was that the foreskin was attached on this inside, but it recently detached, so I thought, maybe my body 'trained itself' to not become erect past a certain 'length' because it would be detrimental?

Hi I'm 14 yrs old for about 2 months  have had this problem I had a small white mark by the lips of my penis then it got bigger and it has almost surrounded the lips of my penis, and when I urinate i get a burning sensation when I pee and soometimes I get pain in my balls sac please help me

the lips of your penis? where exactly is that?

hey lecras you are ok.... ur not really small... first oll what is your ethnicity and when did you start going through puberty. are you overwieght at all. the avg penis length for an erect adult is only five to six in. your penis can still grow into your early twentees so dont worry and check out this link. another user an d had a big conversation about penis size earlier today. some of it gets kindof comical towards the end but hopefully it will make you feel better. let me know what you think.

i cant copy the adress but just search or look for thirteen and i think i have a small penis. you can find it easiest by clicking on my username and looking under recent posts . otherwise it should be found in the first few pages of family health section.

I have a question because I have the same problem, did you peel the extra skin off the head or did it just come off by itself?

Hi, actually, it sounds like you are doing fine. Once you become sexually active, your foreskin will retract during penetration. If it causes any pain, you will want to check with a doctor, but it sounds like everything is normal. You can help the process along and prevent minor tears by using a moisturizing penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) with vitamin A and C – these boost the skin’s natural elasticity and help to keep it smooth and supple. Good luck to you!

Long full-length foreskins will not auto-retract. Only inadequate short foreskins will auto-retract. For your skin to go back, the foreskin has to be wide enough to retract over the head.

If your foreskin is wide enough, it will retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. If it is longer, then it will never retract by itself but may be pushed back, however, it may not stay back. Some longer foreskins push forward again when you let go.

When a long foreskin is manually retracted, it gathers in folds at the base of the penis. The folds want to unfold and push the foreskin forward back to its normal position. A long foreskin is likely to slide/roll forward to recover and protect the glans penis when it is released. Some men simply cannot keep the foreskin retracted. This is not considered to be a problem.

The long foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis and keeps it soft, smooth, and sensitive. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion.

The long foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action.

THe foreskin is NOT extra skin.